Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sephora Collection Express Cleansing Face Wipes

The latest addition to my gym bag is a new kind of facial cleansing wipes, I had been using the Korres wipes and then these new ones were recommended to me during my last Sephora visit.  I have been visiting the gym more than three times a weeks since the end of last semester and I have been burning through my makeup remover wipes (and post workout shakes!).  I was considering just stocking up on my favorite Korres wipes but I decided that this might be a good opportunity to try and review a new product.  The associate at Sephora recommended the Sephora brand wipes as a great option and I have used them after my past few workouts.

Obviously I will be pulling all of my information from the Sephora website as this is only place that I can purchase these wipes.  "A collection of biodegradable, pre-moistened wipes for cleansing, exfoliating, and purifying the face, eyes, and lips.  Perfect for travel, these handy wipes cleanse and tone the skin.  They remove all types of makeup, even long-wearing formulas, without leaving behind an oily residue.", states the company's website.  There are several kinds of wipes from Sephora Collection and I chose the ones that are just for cleansing.  Other formulas help to exfoliate and purify however I didn't want to use anything like that on my dry skin.

The Cleansing Wipes are designed to "Cleanse and tone with a formula that includes HydroSenn+, a natural ingredient proven to deliver immediate and long lasting hydration more effectively than hyaluronic acid".  I was only looking for wipes that would remove my makeup without drying out my skin, the other formulas would have been better for use on oily skin.

The Sephora associate recommended that I give these a try, I decided to pick up a pack of these plus a pack of the Korres ones (in case I didn't like these).  I have used these a few times and can give my review of them now.  I can't say that I would be able to tell the difference in texture between these two formulas and they both feel quite nice when used on the skin.  I don't experience any tugging or dryness during application and neither formula dries out my skin.

I will start by saying that I like the Sephora Collection wipes but I do prefer the Korres version.  The Korres wipes are infused with milk proteins and help to hydrate my skin while removing my face makeup.  I do like that the Korres version is soothing to my skin and I haven't experienced this from the Sephora version.  There are quite a few aspects of these wipes that are very similar, both formulas remove my face and eye makeup and do not dry out my skin.  The Korres formula is better for me in that it helps to soothe the redness and I will continue to purchase the Korres once I have used up the Sephora version.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: