Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover

I feel like I haven't tested out or reviewed a new eye makeup remover in the past few months, I have been using the same formula from the Clinique and have been quite happy with it.  I originally bought that product a few years ago and I have been repurchasing it ever since.  I am a person that likes to switch up my skincare and try new products and this was one area that I wasn't really reviewing many items from.  It seemed like fate when Sephora was offering a small bottle of the award-winning eye makeup remover from Lancôme as a 100 Point Perk when I was ordering some of the Bobbi Brown products that I spotlighted this month.  I decided to stop hoarding my points to grab this sample and try it out.

I have put my half-empty bottle of the Clinique to the side for the past two weeks and I have been trying out the Lancôme formula every night.  The Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover is a product that consistently has won the Allure Best of Beauty Awards and has been listed as a best seller as Sephora for as long as I can remember.  This is one of the more expensive eye makeup removers that I have seen and I do believe that the price was the main reason that I have not tried it before but I have decided that it is worth every penny...

The Sephora website provides the following description of this best-selling eye makeup remover, "An award-winning, gentle, liquid eye makeup remover.  This formula activates when shaken to gently whisk away even waterproof eye makeup while conditioning and refreshing the skin.  Ideal for sensitive and contact lenses, it leaves eyes feeling cool and relaxed without an oily residue."

This product contains a liquid layer and an oily layer and the formula needs be shaken before use and the two layers need to be completely mixed.  The oily layer is designed to break down stubborn eye makeup or waterproof products.  I tend to have the hardest issues getting mascara off without leaving traces under my eyes but this product does get the job done (when used correctly).  I have been using it to remove the Bobbi Brown Smokey Mascara formula, this isn't the hardest formula to remove and I will need to continue to test this product as I try more mascara formulas.  I have been using the Urban Decay Primer Potion under all of my eye shadows and this formula is able to remove all traces of these products.

I saturate a cotton pad with this formula and then press it up against my eye for 30 seconds before wiping it away.  This gives the product time to break the makeup down and helps it to wipe cleanly away.

My 100 Point Perk size will not last much longer and I will then finish up my current bottle of Clinique remover.  I have already decided that my next purchase will be of this product and I will continue to use and test this product out to see if there are any formulas that it cannot remove.  I don't know that there is too much more to say about this product, it does what it is supposed to and doesn't bother my sensitive eyes.  I would probably go back and forth in between purchasing this product and the Clinique formula, it is nice to have two products that I know will work well.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: