Monday, January 6, 2014

Chanel Spring 2014 Collection - Notes de Printemps

We are returning to my coverage of the spring 2014 collections today and I am very excited to get back to looking at more products that I will want to be ordering in the coming weeks.  We started the spring collection coverage right before Christmas with the newest collection from Too Faced and we are now picking back up with a brand that has often created some of the best collections for nearly every spring season.  Chanel is one of my favorite brands and their spring collections often set the tone and trends for the whole season, I look forward to picking up some items in the Notes de Printemps collection and then seeing what other companies release similar products and shades.

The Chanel website provides the following description of the collection, "Spring makeup strikes a colourful chord with light, joyful notes. At the heart of the collection, a chorus of fresh, luminous reds sets the season’s tone for cheeks, lips and fingertips."  I love that this collection focuses a look around red lips and nails, I love red lipsticks but tend to buy and wear them mostly in the fall and winter.  I would like to purchase a few "spring" reds this season and I want to see how they shades that Chanel has chosen compare to what red shades are already in my collection.  I have a good-sized collection of red lipsticks and feel like I own nearly every finish and hue of red, I will buy any shade of red introduced in this collection that I do not already own and I will be visiting the counter quite soon.

The Notes de Printemps collection for spring...

Lumieres Facettes Eye Shadow Quad - Eyeshadow redefined. The Lumieres Facettes Eye Shadow compact features a vibrant, pigment-rich formula in eyeshadow palettes inspired by threads of Chanel tweed. With a spectrum of shade combinations and finishes that range from matte to satin to shimmer.  Each easy-to-wear compact offers endless possibilities, with two medium tones to colour and contour, a deep shadow to intensify and a light shade to highlight. Pure, long-lasting pigments ensure an intense colour effect while the soft, smooth texture allows for effortless application.
- Quadrille (537) - lavender gray/golden ivory/rosy apricot/intense brown

Illusion d'Ombre - With an innovative texture that’s both soft and cushiony, this intensely shimmering, long-wear cream eyeshadow can be worn as eyeshadow or eyeliner.  A combination of pure pigments of different colours and sizes: small pigments provide coverage and colour intensity; large pigments make the shades shimmer. Includes a specially designed shadow/liner brush, developed specifically for this unique formula.
- Diapason (92) - luminous deep purple
- Impulsion (93) - luminous pastel pink

Le Blush Crème de Chanel - Enhance, brighten and contour the face with this versatile cream blush that blends onto skin seamlessly. Healthy-glow shades sculpt cheekbones and refresh the complexion with a vibrant, velvet finish.
- Intonation (69) - warm rose
- Chamade (67) - deep pink

Poudre Universalle Compact - An ultra-soft, pressed powder that provides sheer, lightweight coverage, Poudre Universalle helps to even skin tone, and set and perfect makeup for a natural, matte finish.  Photo-reflective pigments illuminate the complexion and disguise imperfections without emphasizing lines.
- Preface (160) - light peach

Rouge Allure - An intense, long-wearing lip colour with full coverage and a satin finish. Leaves lips supple and protected with lasting comfort.  In a new formula, Rouge Allure features concentrated, ultra-thin pigments that deliver full coverage and magnify shade intensity. Sweet Almond Oil, Green Tea and Sappan Wood helps smooth, moisturize and protect lips.
- Melodieuse (136) - bright coral red cream
- Fouguese (138) - bright pink cream

Rouge Coco - Rouge Coco lip colour is more expressive than ever in a hydrating, next-generation formula that provides full coverage with a creamy yet lightweight finish.  An exclusive complex of Jojoba and Mimosa Butters, Sunflower Wax and Silicone provides lasting hydration and luminous shine. With a vibrant colour spectrum, featuring shade names inspired by Coco Chanel and the friends, artists and lovers who inspired her.
- Dedicace - pink with blue undertones
- Triomphe - pink with peach undertones

Rouge Allure Velvet - This non-drying matte lipstick glides on lips with intensely rich, long-wearing colour and a sumptuously soft, velvet matte finish.  Mother-of-pearl pigments deliver rich colour and a soft finish. Jojoba Oil and Shea Butter comfort and moisturize.
- La Diva (44) - electric pink
- L'Adoree (45) - mauve

Rouge Double Intensite - Glorious long-lasting colour pairs with high-shine gloss to deliver full-coverage lip colour that lasts all day.  Without transferring or feathering, the fluid formula of the base colour goes on smoothly and dries quickly; the glossy top coat imparts non-sticky, brilliant shine and superb hydration.
- Pink Twist - rosewood

Le Crayon Levres - Enhance the shape of your lips and give them perfect definition with this creamy-textured lip pencil. Long-lasting, full-coverage colour with a semi-matte finish glides on to soften and soothe lips, and ensures lipstick stays in place while extending its wear.  A comforting formula softens and soothes lips, while a sharpener and built-in blending brush offer makeup-artistry touches for the most professional-looking result.
- Sonic Pink (70) - shocking pink

Le Vernis - The iconic nail polish is reformulated for longer-lasting, high-shine colour that cares.
- Charivari (603) - soft purple/mauve
- Tapage (605) - bright pink

I like many shades in this collection but I don't feel that it is one of the strongest spring collections.  The shades are very wearable and can be easily worked into all kinds of makeup looks but I feel like I already own many of these shades in my collection.  I will be checking out most of the lipsticks but I don't know that anything else has really jumped out at me.  I would like both shades of the Rouge Allure, these bright hues will be very pretty paired with black eyeliner and bronzer throughout the summer.  I would like the mauve shade in the Rouge Allure Velvet formula, I can start wearing this neutral mauve hue right now and then all the way through the spring months.

I would like the eye shadow palette in the collection and I would also like the pale pink shade in the Illusion d'Ombre formula.  I have been loving those cream shadows and am always on the lookout to add more to my collection.  To finish out my shopping of the collection, I would like the deep pink cream blush.  I have a hard time finish cream blushes and I would love to try this formula.

This is a very nice collection and I am sure that it will sell out very quickly.  I don't find any of these shades very unique but I know that I would use and love everything that I order from this collection.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: