Sunday, January 19, 2014

Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline

There is less than a month until Valentine's Day and I have already started to go through my perfume samples to look for a new fragrance to wear on that day.  I know that I want something floral but I am still not sure if I want a lighter, flirty floral or a deeper, sexy floral.  I will go back and forth between trying new (or new to me) fragrances from both of these categories.  I will work on this project for the next few weeks and I think that I will have quite a few reviews of fragrances by the time that the holiday arrives.  I have started with my current perfume sample collection, this collection grows more and more with each holiday gifting season and I have quite a few to choose from.

Today we are looking at the Omnia Crystalline fragrance from Bvlgari, a light floral with a prominent greenery note.  One spray of this perfume was enough for me to realize that it was not going to be a contender for my Valentine's Day fragrance.  Omnia Crystalline is more of a fresh fragrance with touches of floral notes.  This is much better as a fragrance to be worn in a professional environment.

The Sephora website provides the following fragrance description, "Capturing the glowing clarity of crystal light, Omnia Crystalline illuminates, reflects, and reveals a woman's unique radiance, her femininity, her beauty - the inexpressible, irresistible lightness of her being.  Omnia Crystalline is inspired by a gem - two rings flowing into each other to be displayed as a jewel symbolizing infinity: abundance and freedom."

The fragrance notes are: Lotus Blossom and Bamboo, this fragrance falls more into the Fresh family than the Floral family.  

I really loved this fragrance when I first tried it out, the fragrance starts with a watery note and then the greenery notes develop within the first fifteen minutes of wear time.  The fragrance than stays the same and it doesn't seem that there are any bottom notes contained in this mix.  The fragrance is full of top and heart notes but has very little lasting power and depth.

I like this fragrance less and less the more that I use it.  The fragrance smells very pretty when first applied but does not last on my skin.  I will say that this type of fragrance often tends to not last on my skin and this result may be different from everyone, only florals and muskier scents tend to work my body chemistry and I prefer to stick to fragrances in these families.

The fragrance also doesn't fade away gracefully on my skin, it is gone very quickly once it starts fading and I need to reapply it right away.  I have been burning through my sample and I need to carry it in my bag in order to reapply throughout the day.  There is just no point in my purchasing a full bottle of this perfume, I have other fragrances that are light and fresh but have more floral notes in and last much longer on my skin.  I think that Omnia Crystalline would work better for me if it had one or two more prominent floral notes in the mix but I think I can safely rule this one out from my fragrance search...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: