Thursday, January 23, 2014

Brand Spotlight 2014 - Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

We are back on my Brand Spotlight series today and we are looking at my last makeup product from Bobbi Brown for the month.  I have already tried out their lip and eye products and I decided that I wanted to try one of the face products and then finish out my shopping with a new fragrance from this line.  Today we are looking at the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15, I have been testing out this foundation for about three weeks now and it has given me a handle on the quality of their face products.  This foundation has been a great choice for me and I will be trying more face and skin products from this brand.

I chose the Skin Foundation SPF 15 to start exploring the face products in this brand as this is considered a hydrating foundation formula and my winter skin needs any extra hydration possible this time of the year.  This formula is a good choice from fall to early spring and I would like to look for more formulas to use as my skin changes in the warm weather.

The Bobbi Brown website describes this foundation as follows, "This water-based, oil-free formula delivers undetectable coverage and a fresh, hydrated glow for the most natural skin-like finish.  In addition to weightless, long-wearing coverage and hydration, the formula minimizes the appearance of pores, conceals imperfections, and delivers broad spectrum UV protection.  Buildable formula goes easily from light to medium and is available in a wide range of shades for all skin tones."

The website continues with a few more details about why this formula is unique in the range of Bobbi Brown.  "The lightweight water-based foundation sinks into skin, instantly helping to plump, moisturize, boost skin's glow.  Sustained hydration keeps skin looking and feeling fresh, and ensures that color stays true all day.  The oil-free formula is enhanced with light-reflective optic ingredients to give skin natural luminosity."  I ordered this product in Alabaster 00, "the lightest beige with a white hint and pink undertone, for palest skin".  This is the palest shade in the range and the only shade that would work my skin tone.

Bobbi Brown's website states that this products is designed for normal to oily skin types but I have no issues with it on my combination dry skin.  The formula is water-based so it sinks easily into the skin and helps to moisturize any dry patches that are on my face right now.  I can't say that I have seen a huge difference in the luminosity of my skin however I have been using this product with the Caudalie brightening products that I always use.  My skin looks wonderful with this foundation however I think that it is the combination of the foundation and the skincare products.  The combination of this product not sticking to the dry patches on my skin and the natural glow that it gives my skin make this product a great choice for me to use between fall and spring (I prefer BB Creams and tinted moisturizers during the summer) and I know that I will be repurchasing another bottle of this once I run through this one.

The shade Alabaster is a nearly perfect match for my skin this time of the year, I like that the undertones don't lean too pink and it helps to camouflage the redness in my skintone.  This product does not noticeably change colors as it dries down and I have no other issues with it darkening throughout the day.  This foundation lasts about eight to ten hours on my skin and I do have to blot my T-Zone once or twice during the day, I always set this product with powder and I'm not sure how long this product would last on my skin without setting it with a powder.

I really like this foundation and I think that I will be buying more products from the Bobbi Brown face product range.  I have been very happy with everything that I have tried so far from this company and I know that I will end up buying a ton more products from this brand in the coming months...

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: