Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Brand Spotlight 2014 - Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Lip Gloss

We are looking at the first product that I will be featuring in my Brand Spotlight 2014, it only makes sense that I would start with a lip gloss as I am always looking to add more lip products to my collection.  I thought that I should start with the Bobbi Brown Lip Glosses as I first got the idea for spotlighting new brands when I received a Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss sample from Sephora.  I still have not yet tried that product enough to review for my blog and I will be putting that product review on the back burner until I can order a few more shades of this product.  I contemplated ordering more of the shimmer formula first but I decided that I needed to add more lip glosses to my collection that I could wear in a more professional environment.  Bobbi Brown has been known for her nude lipstick shades and she has a great lip gloss formula with all kinds of wearable shades.

"This high-shine formula gives lips a sultry sheen for a fuller look.  Formulated with jojoba and avocado oils for immediate hydration, plus Vitamins C and E.  Aloe extract soothes lips and helps keep them feeling comfortable.", states the Bobbi Brown website.  I ordered my shades off the Sephora website but I see a few more shades available on company's website and now I will be needing to head over to counter to add even more shades of this gloss to my collection.

The Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss shades...

- Buff - beige pink
- Nougat - light beige
- Nude - medium pink brown
- Pink Beige - light pink beige
- Petal - soft pink
- Hot Pink - strawberry pink
- Bright Pink - watermelon pink
- Rosy - sheer bright rose
- Tangerine - sheer bright coral
- Hollywood Red - bright candy red
- Aubergine - deep grapey plum
- Pink Lily - bubblegum pink
- Scarlet - deep red

This formula is one of the best lip glosses that I have ever used, if not the absolute best formula.  The applicator is a traditional doe-foot, I think that the applicator is slightly smaller than that of the MAC Lipglass and this allows a more precise application.  The formula is hydrating without being sticky, it feels smooth and soft upon application and does not become sticky throughout the day.  I have had some issues with other lip gloss formulas that start off smoothly but become patchy and sticky with wear.  I have had absolutely no issues with any of the shades that I have bought and I doubt that I will have issues with any others that I will be buying.  The wear time is similar to that of any other lip gloss and it will needed to be reapplied after eating or drinking.

I bought the following shades; Buff, Petal, and Rosy.  Buff and Petal are my two favorite shades, these neutrals can be worn with any makeup look and in any environment.  Rosy is a brighter pink shade and I will be saving this shade for next spring/summer.  I really want the Nude shade now, as it will work just like the other nudes that I have already bought.  I thought that several of the pink shades looked very similar when I swatched them on my hand so I only bought one pink shade but now I want more of them since I love this formula so much.  Pink Beige, Hot Pink, and Bright Pink are on my shopping list for pink glosses for the upcoming spring season.  I think that I want to pick up Scarlet and Hollywood Red for next fall and I am tempted by Aubergine too.

Bobbi Brown has always been known for her lip products and she started her whole brand with ten nude lipstick shades.  I have started my love of Bobbi Brown lip products already and I would love to feature four more lip formulas this month but I will hold back on the temptation to scoop up the whole lip area of the Bobbi Brown counter.  I am not sure which lip formula from this company that I will try next to review but I know that I will be trying more lipsticks and glosses from this brand!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: