Monday, January 27, 2014

Brand Spotlight 2014 - Bobbi Brown Beach

We are starting off this year with the last product that is to be featured in this month's Brand Spotlight series, I have been enjoying collecting all kinds of items from a specific brand and I hope you all have been enjoying this series too.  I have found a few new gems from Bobbi Brown and I am really excited to keep ordering and trying more products from this brand, I have a feeling that this series is going to try into a very expensive habit...

We are going to wrap up this month's Brand Spotlight with a review of the iconic Bobbi Brown Beach fragrance, I ordered a bottle of this fragrance at the very beginning of the month and I have been eagerly awaiting the summer months so that I can wear this fragrance as much as possible.  I first smelled this fragrance late last summer and quickly fell in love with it but I forced myself to put off purchasing it until I started to collect products for the warmer weather.  This fragrance smells exactly like the beach and it makes me so excited for the summer!

The Bobbi Brown website provides the following fragrance description, "An eau de parfum inspired by the beach, this best-selling fragrance captures the atmosphere and essence of summer.  Designed with a lightly intoxicating blend of sand jasmine, sea spray, and mandarin; this fragrance is wearable anytime, anywhere."

I cannot put into words how much I love this perfume, it smells exactly like stepping on the beach and it makes me crave summer (even more than usual).  The main note is sand jasmine, this is the "beachy" note in this fragrance and in most of the "beachy" fragrances on the market.  I first smelled this note in the Suntan candle from Bath and Body Works a few summers ago and I have been obsessed with it ever since.  This perfume is exactly like that candle and somehow combines the smells of the sand jasmine with those of suntan lotion and ocean air and turns it into a fragrance I could wear every single day.

Beach is not a fragrance that I would wear for the office but it is perfect for casual summer weekends and warm date nights, it is a light beachy floral perfume and would pair perfectly with a sundress.  I think that this will become one of my new summer perfume staples!

My biggest issue with this fragrance is that it doesn't seem to last any longer than two or three hours when applied to my skin, this could be an issue with my skin chemistry however I have read several reviews that complain about the lack of lasting power.  I have resigned myself to using the EDP in the morning and then carrying the matching Rollerball in my bag with me.  I started by owning just the EDP but I quickly realized that I needed to purchase the Rollerball and I would need to be able to touch this fragrance up throughout the day.  This fragrance is also available in a lotion but I would love to see it in more body products and home fragrance products.  I do believe that I did see limited edition products in this fragrance last summer and I will be looking for more this summer.

My first Brand Spotlight is in the books and we will be switching gears for next month's brand.  This month we focused on one of the top brands in the makeup industry and I will be featuring a primarily skincare-based brand next month.  Any guesses?!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: