Saturday, January 4, 2014

MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow x 4

We have just entered 2014 and MAC is celebrating it with two new small collections that will start the year off on the right foot!  They are both small so we will look at both of them this weekend so that I can begin getting ready to go shopping at the counter next week, the holidays are really over now so I can safely enter a mall again and enjoy a nice afternoon of shopping.  My first stop will be Sephora to see what the status on new products are and then my next stop will be the MAC counter to grab some items from Magnetic Nude and to see what else is new since my last visit.  Then I will stop at Limited and Express to see if they have any nice sweaters left and Barnes and Noble for more Agatha Christie books.  I hope the snow stays away next Saturday afternoon!

MAC has capitalized on the fame of their Mineralize Eye Shadow formula and made a small collection based on palettes comprised on these shades.  I have never tried this formula before and I have heard very mixed reviews on this formula, people either love or hate the Mineralize products and I have never been huge fan of mineral products to start with so this will be hit or miss for me.

I only saw this collection on the MAC website so I will be pulling all my information from the company's website.  "The rich pigments of Mineralize Eye Shadow are a cult favourite of M•A•C lovers everywhere, because of their bold, blendable shades and gorgeous shimmer. Now you can create an array of looks for day and evening with Mineralize Eye Shadow x 4, six new compacts in complementing colour waves. Suitable for all skin tones, the pre-filled palettes come with four shades each. For optimal results, apply and blend with the 286 Duo Fibre Tapered Blending and 287 Duo Fibre Eye Shadow Brushes."

Mineralize Eye Shadow x 4 - Six pre-filled palettes with four coordinated colours. Featuring our unique Mineral-Rich Yeast Extract, a blend of 77 minerals that nourishes while providing silky smooth coverage. Its sheer, lightweight application allows each shade to build lightly, layer after layer, for dramatic colour with a lustrous glow.
- A Party of Pastels - four coordinated colours, from pastel pink to soft violet
- A Medley of Mauves - four coordinated colours, from deep eggplant to icy pearl pink
- A Glimmer of Gold - four coordinated colours, from soft gold to copper bronze
- A Harvest of Greens - four coordinated colours, from green olive to blackened burgundy
- A Sprinkle of Blues - four coordinated colours, from intense navy to deep blue
- A Waft of Gray - four coordinated colours, from dark charcoal to white frost

287 Duo Fibre Eye Shadow Brush - A rounded, medium sized, double-chiseled, paddle-shaped brush. Perfect for applying and blending Eye Shadow. Made from a blend of soft, natural bristles and synthetic fibres, allowing for a light wash of colour.

286 Duo Fibre Tapered Blending Brush - With its soft dome shape, this two-toned, duo-fibre brush of goat and synthetic fibres provides a sheer, more controlled application of M·A·C Mineralize Eye Shadow.

I originally thought that the quad of neutrals would be my favorite of the palettes but a different one caught my eye from this line.  I really like the A Waft of Gray, this combination of grays and whites would make a lovely smoky eye and I would also trying mixing a pale lavender hue in with these shades too.  I will be trying this palette out when I visit the counter and I will see how the formulation and pigmentation are.  If I like this formula than I will purchase the neutral palette (A Glimmer of Gold) and then the pale pink palette (A Party of Pastels) and I will have another eye shadow formula from MAC to obsess over!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: