Sunday, January 5, 2014

MAC Feminine Face

Earlier today we looked at a new eye makeup collection from MAC and now we are moving onto a to full color collection to start out the New Year.  I am not quite sure if this is a whole new collection or just a new look created with current MAC products and shades, I guess I will find out when I check this collection out in detail.  Whatever the case may be...this is a very pretty collection of shades and the model has a skin tone identical to mine so I know that I will find several shades to try in it.  The model has very cool toned pale skin and is wearing a variety of pink hues and this overall look would be very pretty for Valentine's Day!

"For a modern, Feminine Face, simply follow the step-by-step instructions for an easy look with a flawless finish. Prep + Prime Natural Radiance hydrates and primes to improve makeup application, Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation provides luminous perfection with a natural-satin finish, and Mineralize Skinfinish finishes for a glow that's subtle, yet radiant. For professional results, apply with the new 188 Small Duo Fibre Face Brush."

I see that this is not a full color collection and that makes me very unhappy, I love the look that the model has on and I was looking forward to finding new shades for a pale pink eye and lip look.  This is one of my favorite looks to wear at the end of winter and the beginning of spring, I am hoping that that I like the palette in the Mineralize Eye Shadow x 4 collection so that I have another one to add to my collection.  Especially since I won't be finding one in this collection...

Feminine Face is all about face makeup; it presents a series of foundations and primers that will create the perfect base for all the pretty new makeup that I will be buying this spring.  I have been looking at foundation formulas for the past few days and perhaps I will find one in this collection that I will want to try.  My Holy Grail NARS formula is beginning to get low so it is time for me to decide if I want to try another formula or if I simply want to repurchase a bottle of this product.  I have used and loved MAC foundations in the past and I would be very happy to try another formula from this company.

Here is the Feminine Face collection...

Prep + Prime Natural Radiance - A silky gel emulsion, rich in natural ingredients, that hydrates and primes to improve foundation or powder application, control oil and promote smooth texture. Vitamins E and C protect with antioxidants, while caffeine calms skin. Illuminating pearl powders reflect optic brightening. Well-suited for all skins but especially effective on deeper skin tones, the formula disappears upon application, resulting in a beautiful glow.

Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation - A combination of powders creates an optical blurring effect that virtually diminishes imperfections and fine lines, for a more even tone. The light-reflecting, natural satin finish makes skin appear refined, revitalized and refreshed with a new purity, softly lit from within. SPF 15 adds the perfect finishing touch of sun protection. Features our 77-Mineral Complex, Shea Butter and Vitamin E.  Available in a full range of shades to suit every skin tone.

Mineralize Skinfinish - A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face.
- Gold Deposit - soft reflective golden bronze
- Lightscapade - soft candlelit beige with multidimensional shimmer
- Soft and Gentle - gilded peach bronze

188 Small Duo Fibre Face Brush - A flat-topped, full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of any formula colour – fluid, cream, powder or pigment. Ideal for creating soft layers or adding textures. Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres.

I want to try this foundation formula from MAC, I have used one of their Mineralize liquid foundations before and I really liked how it performed and how nice it made my skin look.  I think that I will need to try a bit of this on my hand while I shop at the counter this weekend and decide how much I like it.  I love the range of MAC foundation shades, this is one of the only companies that I never worry about not finding a match to my skin tone when shopping at the counter.  The Prep + Prime formula is not one that I have tried yet and one that I would like to purchase when I need a new primer formula.

This isn't quite what I expected to get from this collection but now I am excited to shop for primers and foundations to finish out the winter and head into the spring months!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: