Wednesday, January 29, 2014

LUSH Honey I Washed The Kids Bar Soap

Late winter is the time of the years when my skin is the driest and I have found that I benefit from swapping out my Bath and Body Works Shower Gels for more gentle bar soap formulas.  This always means that I need to have a decent-sized LUSH order made well before the end of December.  This usually presents no problems as I order from them in late fall once their Christmas collection releases and then I often order again right after Christmas so that I can grab up some last items from their big sale.  This time around, I decided to order a combination of holiday products and a few of the best sellers that I haven't tried yet.  One of the best sellers that I ordered is the best-selling Honey I Washed The Kids Bar Soap and I am regretting that I only ordered one bar of it...

Honey I Washed The Kids has been a cult LUSH product that I remember ever since I started shopping the brand in 2008.  This caramel-scented product is perfect the fall and winter and I can easily see why this is one of the best sellers of the brand.

"This is one of our best-selling soaps and it's no wonder why: it's simply irresistible!  One sniff and you'll need this sweet caramel fragrance in your life.  But get ready to share, because it's so gentle, buttery, and scrumptious that you'll have a hard time keeping it to yourself.  We use real honey and beeswax in every batch to soothe skin, while honey water and aloe help soften and moisturize, leaving the whole family clean and smelling bee-autiful.", states the LUSH website.

The star ingredient in this product is Honey, a natural humectant and hydrator.  I have used honey in my winter skincare for years now and this ingredient (plus the smell!) are what made my try this Bar Soap over some of the other ones that they offer.  Honey will attract moisture from the atmosphere and pull it into the skin and the thicker texture of this ingredient will also help keep moisture locked into the skin.  This is exactly what I need at this time of the year and I will be using this product until it runs out.

I have tried using this product applied directly to wet skin and applied to a washcloth.  I tend to prefer my bar soaps applied directly to wet skin, they will usually lather less and help my skin stay hydrated for longer periods.  I still liked it when applied with a washcloth but I would prefer to use it right on wet skin in the shower.  I have also found that applying the product directly to my skin makes the soap lasts longer and I should be able to use the same bar until the beginning of March.

The caramel fragrance is light and wonderful, this is pretty fragrance for fall and winter but will be too heavy in the warm weather months.  The scent remains lightly on my skin but fills the whole bathroom with fragrance, this is typical of most LUSH bar soaps and is one of the major reasons that I keep purchasing them over and over.

I can't say that Honey I Washed The Kids is any more or less hydrating than any of the other LUSH Bar Soaps that I have used in the past.  All of their Bar Soaps hydrate my skin nicely and I will continue to order these every year.  I will order another bar of this product once the cooler weather starts to roll around again!

photo courtesy of LUSH

No comments: