Sunday, January 26, 2014

OPI Spring 2014 Collection - Brazil Collection

We have already seen the spring nail polish collection from Essie and I have been eagerly awaiting more releases from my favorite nail polish companies, this is one of the times of the year where I purchase the most amount of polish shades and I am excited to keep adding some new shades to my collection.  We have yet to see a collection from China Glaze or Butter London however the new OPI collection is now up on the company's website and I am going to check these shades out today.  OPI usually has one of largest range of shades in their seasonal collections and I always know that I will like quite a few from every collection.

The collection for this spring is inspired by Brazil and contains twelve brand new shades, I have complained in the past about how this company seems to bring out the same shades over and over again and this collection does not contain anything revolutionary.  OPI has a huge shade range and many of their limited edition shades are close to ones already available, I find this to be a good thing as I don't have to be upset if a limited edition shade sells out and I can't find it anymore.

The shades contained in the OPI Brazil collection are as follows...

- Kiss Me I'm Brazilian - bubblegum pink cream
- Live.Love.Carnaval - medium warm coral cream
- Red Hot Rio - medium warm red cream
- Next Stop...The Bikini Zone - pale lavender with a subtle gold duochrome shift
- Don't Bossa Nova Me Around - nude cream
- Taupe-less Beach - pale taupe cream
- I Sao Paulo Over There - medium taupe cream
- OPI Scores A Goal! - deep warm red-brown cream
- Amazon...Amazoff - deep teal cream
- I Just Can't Cope-Acabana - medium banana yellow cream
- Where Did Suzi's Man-go? - medium orange cream
- Toucan Do It If You Try - deep orange cream

The shades in this collection are designed to remind one of the jungles and beaches of Brazil, I have never been to this country so I cannot comment on how accurate the shades and names are.  When I think of Brazil, I think of jungles and numerous Botany classes about the Amazon jungle.  Some of the shades fit this theme very well and others seem a bit out of place.  The bright hues fit perfectly with the season and the theme however I am not sure why two shades of taupe were included with the Brazil collection.  The most unique shade is the only duochrome in the bunch, many of the cream shades are similar to those in the permanent line up or have been featured in previous seasonal collections.

My favorite shade is Amazon...Amazoff, this bright deep teal reminds me very much of Butter London's Slapper shade.  That is my current favorite nail polish shade and I used it like crazy last spring and summer.  I will purchasing Amazon...Amazoff to replace my bottle of Slapper once it runs out.  Next Stop...The Bikini Zone is the only other shade that I find unique enough to purchase from this collection and I will also be grabbing of bottle of this one once it is available at Ulta.  I really like Taupe-less Beach and Don't Bossa Nova Me Around but neither of these shades are unique enough for me to track down, I would buy them if I found them but I can find shades like this from other companies very easily.

I don't like any of the oranges or yellows in this collection, shades like this never flatter my skintone and I would be skipping over all of these.  I also don't need any other pink or red shades right now and this pretty much rules out the rest of the collection for me.

OPI is not my favorite polish formula and one that I will deal with when I really love the shades.  The application of this polish is very easy and the wide brush makes the polish quick to apply.  My problem with this formula is not the application but the wear of the product.  I cannot seem to get more than one day from this formula before it starts chipping off like crazy, there is something about the combination of my nails and this formula that just does not work.  I am the only person that I know with this issue, all of my friends who use this formula absolutely love it and get at least three or four days of wear time without anything more than minor chipping.  I wish I didn't have these issues but this formula just doesn't work well for me and will never been a formula that I highly recommend.

I have a few shades to add to my shopping list but I think that I will have even more shades to add once I see the new collections from China Glaze and Butter London.

photo courtesy of Google

No comments: