Friday, November 5, 2010

Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland

Bath and Body Works has really improved the quality of their fragrances over the years, I loved the last release of Dark Kiss and now the newest fragrance has caught my eye and won my heart. Secret Wonderland is the latest fragrance that was released and right in time for the gift giving season and the holiday party season. Bath and Body Works considers this fragrance to be their "most enchanting fragrance ever". This fragrance is a mixture of strawberry, florals, and amber. I tried this fragrance out in September when the company had small preview sizes of it out for sale and I really like it the first time that I tried it on. Now that it is finally out in the full line, I have been able to indulge my fancy of this fragrance.

The Bath and Body Works website states, "Master perfumers have blended luscious strawberry and frosted jasmine petals with magical notes of white amber and creamy sandalwood to create this whimsical fragrance inspired by a world you never dreamed existed". This fragrance is part of the Cuddlers family and has reminded different people of Twilight Woods and Moonlight Path.

The top notes are the berries of the fragrance; luscious strawberry, wild goji berries, and ripe raspberry. The middle notes are: Gardenia Petals, Jasmine, Peach Nectar. The base notes are: Coconut Musk, Creamy Vanilla, Sandalwood, White Amber. The fragrance opens with the berry but after few minues, I get all florals, amber, and sandalwood from it. This one falls into the category of a creamy floral (much reminiscent of StellaNude). Personally, I have found with the strawberry and floral notes, this fragrance works really well when layered with Marc Jacobs Daisy. Layering the two winterizes the Daisy fragrance enough that it has the depth to compete with all the heavy fragrance that I wear this time of the year. This is quite a step up for Bath and Body Works.

I bought that fragrance in the EDT, the Shower Gel, the Body Lotion, and the new formula Body Butter. This is the first time that I am trying out the new formula Body Butter. "Our Intense Moisture Body Butter is proven to provide moisture for over 24 hours, taking hydration to the extreme with Shea and Murumuru butters and nourishing coconut oil. Ultra-conditioning and non-greasy, this formula is super-charged with an advanced blend of Pro-Vitamin B, CO Q10, and antioxidant vitamins C & E to leave skin feeling noticeably softer". I haven't gotten to fully experience all the benefits of this product yet. My skin gets so dry in the winter that it chaps so if this products help to hydrate and prevent this issue, I will report back and buy a bunch more of them. The new texture is very soft and thick but not greasy. However, as before, I recommend this product to those only with the driest of skin because it will be overkill on normal to dry skin.

This fragrance is one that I will buy more of during the season and is one that I hope sells well enough to stick around for a long time. Bath and Body Works is really improving with their fragrance since I now can actually consider them along with all my other perfumes.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also love Secret Wonderland. I think it is a beautiful scent and my favorite scent right now. I bought the EDT so far. But today is another day and it is buy three get three right now. So we will see. Pat