Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Harajuku Lovers Wicked Style Angel

It took me about a minute to connect this fragrance with the older version that was named Lil' Angel. "Love, Angel, Music, Baby" made it all make sense. I also wanted to point out that I think that this is the worst packaging of the Harajuku Lovers so far, the heads actaully have felt hair on them and I miss the cute packaging from last summer. Anyway, Lil' Angel's original scent was a sweet candy berry scent and is the one that I have open on my bureau at the moment. It's not a favorite of mine but I like it in warmer weather.

Sephora states the following about the new Angel fragrance. "In this collectible line of fragrances, the edgy-cute, super-stylish girls of Tokyo's famous Harajuku shopping district inspired each bottle's unique, doll-like character - including Lil' Angel. With her electric-red flocked hair, she sports an outfit that's all her own and a scent that sweetly pulses of sparkling floral accents. Lil' Angel is part of the limited-edition Wicked Style fragrance collection that features deliciously fun scents in bottles that take cues from the obsessive Japanese fashion that Gwen Stefani introduced to America".

The notes of the newest fragrance are: Succulent Plum, Blooming Lotus, Satin Wood. The notes of the original version are: Raspberry, Cranberry, Blackberry, Pineapple, Pear Blossom, Violet, Rose, Lollipop Accord, Hinoki Wood, Crystal Amber.

Now this new version is one that I like better than the original. The notes of plum and wood are actually deeper notes for cooler weather and take the original fragrance and make it stronger. So far this is my favorite of the new fragrance collection. The notes of this fragrance are keeping in touch with the trends for this fall and winter so I think this version is the best of the bunch.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: