Sunday, November 21, 2010

Essie Holiday 2010 Collection

Deep nail polishes on short nails have been one of my current looks this fall and will continue to be one of the looks until the spring collections hit. Essie had a great fall collection of shades and I am hoping that this holiday collection will continue to give me more options for the next few months. This new collection consists of six shades and the company offers us both single shades and sets of polishes. I am also seeing a deep green in the shots of this collection which should be a top pick of mine.

The deep green shade that I was just discussing is named Going Incognito. "Your identity may be secret, but your style and panache are impossible to conceal with this deep emerald green". The shade is a cream finish and I am looking forward to wearing it as both a cream and with a shimmery top coat over it. Green is my favorite color and I just love that several companies have come out with lovely greens to wear.

The second shade is named Hot Coco and I think that is my least favorite shade of the collection. I just don't like deep browns on my nails and they are too warm for my pale skintone. "Paint on this tawny sepia and the channel the roaring '20s for a look that's timelessly flawless". This is another shade with a cream finish and I could see this being lovely on someone with a deeper or more olive skintone than mine. However, I will be passing on it for myself this season.

The third shade is named Luxedo. This shade is a deep plum and another hit from this collection. "Suit up in this deepest plum and boldy go where no man has gone before". The finish on this shade is a cream and is another one that I could also see being worn with a shimmer topcoat. I love this shade and this is another one that I want to buy this season.

The fourth shade is another deep cream color. This one is named Masquerade Belle and I can see this one becoming the instant best seller from this collection. "Fascinating, mysterious, and seductive, this black ruby sparks the imagination and inspires intense devotion". This shade isn't all that different from Luxedo and I need to see them side by side in order to decide if they are different enough to warrant purchasing both and which one I like better.

The fifth color is called Silken Cord and I find this to be the most boring shade of the whole collection. Since it's a Holiday based collection, we have to have a red shade but this one is very blah and looks like so many over shades on the market today. "You've got the world on a string with this stunning risque red wrapped around your fingers". This is a pretty shade and I would like it but I readly own at least one red just like this and I get shades like this all year round.

The last shade is named Smokin' Hot and I think this is the shade that I am the most unsure about. It is described as a gray but looks more like a more plum based on the picture on the website. "Break the rules with this stone-cold fox gray that burns hotter than any flame". I like this shade but I am wondering if I should see it in person first since the description doesn't match the picture at all.

One of the set contains all the shades in the full sides and the other one contains four small bottles in the following shades; Masquerade Belle, Silken Cord, Hot Coco, and Going Incognito. I wouldn't be getting either of the sets since both contain the shades that I am not all that interested in. I will be buying single bottles in Going Incognito, Masquerade Belle, and Luxedo. Time to add more shades to my dark polish collection...

photo courtesy of Essie

No comments: