Friday, November 19, 2010

Philosophy Purity Made Simple High Foaming Daily Cleanser

I wrote extensively about The Wonderbar Face Bar several weeks ago. Several days after I wrote it about it, I ran out of the bar so I moved on to my next facial cleanser. I wondered for several days if my skin would go insane and all the work that the previous product had done would be ruined. I have been into this product for two weeks and I am very happy to report that The Wonderbar's effects have remained fully in place. So what cleanser am I using now? My first Philosophy skincare product purchase and one of the first foaming cleansers that I have used in quite a while.

The Sephora website states that this product is "A gentle sulfate and paraben-free foaming cleanser that eliminates dirt, oil, and makeup while leaving skin calm and soothed". Further details are provided here. "Philosophy Purity Made Simple High Foaming Daily Cleanser deep cleans, tones, and removes all makeup, including eye makeup, with a high-foaming formula that leaves skin feeling refreshed, never tight or dry. It's enriched with botanical extracts to soften and soothe skin. This cleanser's light, airy texture is created with a unique self-foaming pump to delight fans of foaming cleansers without using traditional foaming ingredients. It contains no potentially skin-irritating detergents".

The active ingredients of this product are Vitamin E, Allantoin, and Aloe. Vitamin E is an anti-oxidant to protect the skin. Allantoin and Aloe are both anti-irritant botanicals. I use this product once a day at night to get my makeup off. Two pumps works wonderfully to get my whole face cleaned off. I still use a separate eye makeup remover to get all my eye makeup off though it works well to get all my facial makeup off.

My skin hasn't been irritated by this product at all which is a plus for any type of foaming cleanser. It rinses very clean and hasn't caused any type of breakout or dryness so far. My only dislike of this product so far is the fragrance of this wash. I can't place exactly what it is but it reminds me of lemons and other citrus fragrances. It is strong when I use the product but fades as soon as I rinse it off. The fragrance isn't enough to make me not want to use it since I like the rest of it but I wish the fragrance would be lightened up on.

I still have to some time to get to Sephora and get several other Philosophy items in their Skincare Challenge and I highly recommend that you guys do the same. The Sephora Challenge makes me purchase even more skincare items then I normally do and this cleanser was a purchase to keep me in the challenge. However, it was a great purchase so I am happy that I bought it.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: