Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles Palette Volume 1

The last Sephora Christmas catalog was pretty mehhh, if I do say so myself. The pink eye makeup look on the cover didn't really do it for me and I feel like I already owned or had seen many of the items that they had listed as "new" for the holidays. One of the few items that really jumped out at me is this Kat Von D palette. I first noticed this palette becuase the package reminds me of an antique book and was so different looking than every other product in the catalog. Sephora classifies this product as "A set of Kat Von D products that lets you express your defining individuality".

"Kat's secret weapons for pulling off a long-lasting, rockin' look come together in a beauty stash that includes false lashes, eye shadows, and primers. Plus, a secret compartment reveals a hidden double-ended rollerball fragrance that embodies Kat's two sides: saint and sinner". The rollerball fragrance really sets this palette apeart from many of the others that are out in the market right now. Really, how many eye makeup palettes give you the fragrance from the company so that you can bring the whole rock and roll look to life, from head to toe.

This set includes...

- One set of False Eye Lashes
- Eye Shadows in Tijuana, Taxidermy, Hollywood, Peanut, Redemption, Solitude, Heartkiller, Baudelaire, Monastary, Poe Blue, Night Owl, Lemmy
- High Voltage Primers in Skin, Stellar, Smoky
- Double-ended Saint/Sinner Rollerball

The Sephora website does not list what shadows are what colors but you can see from the picture that the user will ahve many chances to make Kat's trademark smoky eye. It also contains some brighter shades to lighten up the palette and appear to be equally divided between cool and warm hues. I haven't really worked with the primer to know what the different shades are going to translate out when they are applied. I looked this product up and the Skin shade is the universal shade for all skin tones and the Smoky shade is made to prep the eye for a smoky look. Stellar isn't listed but the name implies that it will have a shimmery finish and maybe will be reminisent of Urban Decay's Sin Primer Potion.

I also saw a lip version of this concept in the catalog too. I recommend her eye products much more than the lip since I have heard nothing but raves for the eye and the lip reviews are rather mixed. But if anyone wants to prove me wrong and give me a reason to revisit the lip products, leave you comments.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: