Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Harajuku Lovers Wicked Style Music

This is the last of the new fragrances from Harajuku Lovers. I can't say that I have been into this collection (with the exception of Angel). The last fragrance is Music, which I think is my least favorite of the original collection. This one is very sweet and floral, with notes of sweet pea that remind me of wearing Sweet Pea in college. The original is a good one for the springtime and beginning of the summer since it is light and very flirty.

Sephora states the following about the new version of the fragrance, "In this collectible line of fragrances, the edgy-cute, super-stylish girls of Tokyo's famous Harajuku shopping district inspired each bottle's unique, doll-like character - including Music. With her magenta-colored flocked hair, she sports an outift that's all her own and a scent that sweetly pulses of woody and floral accords. Music is part of the limited-edition Wicked Style fragrance collection that features deliciously fun scents in bottles that take cues from the obsessive Japanese fashion that Gwen Stefani introduced to America".

The notes of the new fragrance are: Juicy Apple, Jasmine, Swirling Cedarwood. The notes of the original fragrance are: Clementine, Pear, Jasmine Sambac, Sweet Pea, Honeysuckle, Vanilla, Skin Musk, Sleek Woods. I can't say that I am really into this fragrance either.

All of these fragrance could have been much more complex and contain more layers. The only one that I like is the Angel fragrance because I love the plum and wood notes in it and those notes agree with my skin. I think that is my least favorite collection of the bottles too. This version of the collection just didn't do it for me this year. I am hoping that the spring versions will be nicer...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: