Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo

I may have been on an eye shadow purchasing spree lately but I have discovered a true gem in my collection. I know that a eye shadow is a keeper when I have been wearing it at least twice a week and can pair it with several different makeup looks. The eye product that I am reffering to is the Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo and my shade of choice is Like Mink, which I believe is a top selling shade. Clinique states, "Perfect pairings of in-demand shades, with more of the more-used highlight shade. Deliver creamy, intense colour in one stroke. Comfortably lightweight, long-wearing. Layerable, blendable. Ophthalmologist tested". I first received Like Mink in a Clinique gift and I want to find more shades to buy.

The available shades of this product...

- Strawberry Fudge - a must have golden pink partnered with deep blushing brown
- Sunburst - golden beige partnered with golden tawny beige
- Beach Plum - shimmering gold partnered with a golden purple
- Twice the Spice - pale golden peach partnered with brown
- Buttered Bronze - shimmering yellow gold partnered with pale yellow bronze
- Plum Potion - silvery purple grey partnered with intense purple berry
- Blackberry Frost - a silvery greyed lilac partnered with violety charcoal
- Double Scoop - a yellow nude partnered with dark brown
- Spruced Up - earthy brown partnered with forest green
- Pink Tweed - a heather nude pink partnered with warm raisin
- Posh Squash - a sweet pumpkin partnered with a reddened brown
- Like Mink - a golden beige partnered with deep golden brown
- Double Date - a dusty grey beige partnered with taupey midtone brown
- Rose Wine - a dusty pink partnered with deep burgundy brown
- Ivory Bisque/Bronze Satin - matte ivory partnered with warm matte bronze
- Splash - a soft matte beige paired with a muted teal
- No-Show Taupes - matte medium taupe partnered with a deeper cool taupe
- Something Blue - silvery light blue partnered with midtone sky blue
- Seashell Pink/Fawn Satin - pale matte pink partnered with a matte fawn
- Starstruck/Golden Lynx - pale gold matte with a matte copper

What I love the most about these duos: the great shade combinations, the larger area of the highlighter means that I will use both shades at the same rate, the long-wearing finish, and the ease of application. Like Mink is one of my favorite products to create a no-fuss, professional makeup look that I can pair with any lip shade. I am making a mental list of the other shades that I want to purchase of this product: Strawberry Fudge, Sunburst, Buttered Bronze, Ivory Bisque, Starstruck/Golden Lynx, Pink Tweed for a neutral eye look; Beach Plum, Blackberry Frost, Plum Potion for a more colorful eye look. I highly recommend these duos and will be broadening my Clinique eye shadow collection very soon.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: