Monday, November 1, 2010

Tarina Tarantino Starchild Odyssey Eye Shadow Palette

Sometimes you find a product that seems totally out of place with every product in your makeup bag. For my makeup bag, this is one of them for me. I normally don't wear shades on my eyes that are quite this bold, especially not all combined together into one palette. But sometimes, it's nice to break from the norm and see what happens when you all out. Also, for days that I am back into the norm, I am betting that I can mix one or two of these shades in with a silver eye look for just a hint of color.

Sephora describes the palette as following, "A brightly futuristic ensemble featuring five exclusive metallic shades of Tarina's Eye Dream." Further details are right here, "Create an out-of-this-world eye look that will get you noticed. Tarina's pressed eye shadow formula offers high intensity pigment payoff for seriously stunning results. Jet Mill Technology is used to pulverize formula into the smallest particle, which gives shadows their velvety texture. The maximum pigment load, 20 - 50 percent more pigment with less binder, produces the rich color payoff".

So what shades are offered in this palette? The shade in the middle appears to be a pale lavender, far left appears to be a pale silver. I believe that these two shades would be best used as highlighters and have the most potential to be used in all types of looks, from subtle to dramatic. The three more dramatic shades are a medium toned teal, a perwinkle blue, and a deep navy. Sephora doesn't list the colors so if I'm not totally accurate then I'm sorry. I want to find out if the two less dramatic shades are available in single shadows becuase I can see myself getting a lot of use from them. .

Tarina Tarantino's eye shadows need to be felt to be believed. When they first released as Sephora, I ran my finger over the surface of one and discovered one of the most velvety textured shadows that I have ever felt. Even if this palette is not your cup of tea, I do recommend trying out these shadows. I am hoping that more palettes are being released from this line.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: