Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bath and Body Works Country Chic

We are now firmly into the spring season and it is finally warming up enough to wear all the new fragrances that I have been lusting over the past two months.  Bath and Body Works has just released a new fragrance called Country Chic the past week, a light floral scent for both the spring/summer season and Mother's Day.  Country Chic takes me all the way back to high school when Bath and Body Works was Midwest and gingham print stores.  The best part about this throwback is that the fragrance will still be the high quality that Bath and Body Works has been releasing over the past few months.

Bath and Body Works describes the fragrance on their website as follows, "Our exclusive Country Chic is an effortlessly sexy blend of sparkling lemon, bright wildflowers, and spring woods to create this effortlessly sexy fragrance inspired by the fresh air and natural beauty of America's countryside".  The top notes are: Sparkling Lemon, Grapefruit Zest, Juicy Pear, Crushed Leaves, Marigold.  The heart notes of the fragrance are: Fresh Raspberry, Jasmine Petals, Day Lily, Gardenia, Orange Blossom.  The base notes are: Peach Nectar, Vanilla Orchid, Cedar Wood, Amber Wood, Skin Musk. 

This fragrance is available in the full range of bath and body products, along with the EDT and fragrance mist.  This fragrance is not available in any form of home fragrance, which I find disappointing since I was looking forward to a large candle in this scent.  Oh well...  For in the shower, this product is offered in the traditional Shower Gel and Triple Moisture Shower Cream.  These two products are two of my favorite in the entire Bath and Body Works store and I always have a hard time deciding which of the two to buy when shopping.  For moisturizers, this fragrance is available in the Body Lotion, the heavier Body Butter, and the Shea Cashmere Hand Cream.  The Triple Moisture Body Cream wasn't on the website in this product so maybe it won't be offered though I find that very odd since it is available in every fragrance in the Signature Collection.  The last item available in this fragrance is the Bubble Bath.

I have mixed feelings on this fragrance, this is the first one since Dark Kiss that isn't a total hit for me.  Overall, fragrances that evoke the "country" or "outside" feelings are not ones that I tend to gravitate toward.  I ruled the EDT out once I sprayed it on since the lemon and grapefruit top notes reacted the way that most citrus fragrances tend to, it was too sharp and held a slightly sour note.  I much prefer the body products in this fragrance, the Shower Gel is my favorite product and I would also pick up the matching lotion next time that I hit the store. 

This just isn't the fragrance for me, the citrus notes just didn't work.  I can see this fragrance being very popular since it is lighter and will have broad appeal. I guess that I am just more of a Dark Kiss girl at heart.  However, I am not alon in my love of Dark Kiss, it was nominated for Fragrance of the Year at FiFi (check out the Bath and Body Works Facebook page for full details).  Hoping for the win!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: