Sunday, April 10, 2011

MAC Quite Cute

Quite Cute was finally released at the end of last week and all of my eager waiting was over!  I have been excited for this collection since I first heard about the theme of it and the types of shades that it was going to contain.  It reminds me very much of Sugarsweet, a collection that I couldn't really go crazy purchashing since it came out right as I was buying a new car.  So I almost feel like this is my second chance at some pastel items that I missed out on the first time around.  However, this collection is mcuh more focused on the pinks and purples than Sugarsweet ever was.  It seems that all I have been wearing the past two weeks is pink lip shades so this collection dropped at the perfect time for me...

The MAC website gives an overall description of the collection which I will provide for you right here.  "'CUTE!'  Pastel shades for Eye Quads, Lipstick, Plushglass, and Nail Lacquer...  And, due to popular demand, we're completely cute-ifying three favourite Lip Pencil shades from last season that will join the fun and frolic.  Flash!  You'll love the Mineralize Blush with the sweet heart baked right into it."

So excited!  Quite Cute...

Cutie: Eye Shadow x 4 - Come on, get happy with Eye Quads in fanciful, fun, and flattering pastel shades with completely, contagiously cute names like Goody Goody Gum Drop, Boycrazy, Azuki Bean, and Moshi Moshi!  Say "yes!" to everything adorable!
- Moshi Moshi! - pale white green gold (Frost)
- Goody Goody Gum Drop - light white pink (Satin)
- Boycrazy - pale lavender with silver (Frost)
- Azuki Bean - midtone dirty violet (Frost)

Penultimate Eye Liner - A liquid pen-style liner that provides the ultimate precise, bold line in a rich, deep carbon black shade.  Goes on fluidly, in one steady stroke, to style any fashion of eye line.
- Rapidblack - true black

Zoom Lash - Major drama.  Lasts all day.  Creamy, velvety formula builds density and conditions.  Feels light, supple.  Ultra-sculpted brush has three-sided fibres to embrace and separate each lash, hugging every curve.  Coats in one stroke from root to tip.  No smudging.
- Zoomblack - rich black

7 Lash - Natural length.  Everyday glamorous.  MAC Lashes are handmade to exact specifications.  Each pattern and design is perfectly shaped and arranged to give a striking effect, whether the look is natural or dramatic.  Available in a variety of shapes and densities.  If properly cared for, lashes can be reshaped or adorned if desired.

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips.  Stands out on the runway.  Simmers on the street!  What made MAC famous.
- Playing Koi - creamy white peach pink (Satin)
- Quite Cute - creamy bright whitened lavender
- Saint Germain - clean pastel pink
- Candy Yum-Yum - matte neon pink
- Play Time - creamy intense violet

Plushglass - Sheer lip colour with a pearlized high-shine gloss finish.  Comfortable to wear: lush, multi-dimensional.  Gives a cool-warm vanilla buzz to the lips.  Moisturizes, soothes, and visibly plumps the lips to make them look luxuriously healthy and well-conditioned.  Contains Vitamin E for added environmental protection.
- Bubble Tea - creamy pale nude
- Fashion Fanatic - creamy pale pink
- Girl <3 Boy - bright light blue pink
- I <3 U - creamy midtone purple

Lip Pencil - A pencil designed for shaping, lining, or filling in the lip.  Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in.  They are long-lasting and available in a wide selection of colours that each work well with many different lipstick shades.
- Naked - light neutral
- In Synch - bright yellow pink
- Boldy Bare - dirty red brown

Quite Cute Mineralize Blush - A Mineralize Blush featuring two contrasting/complementary tones in one.  Fans of the Mineralize Blush's sheer wash of colour and dimensional pearl finish will <3 this!  Limited edition.
- Miss Behave - light beige with pearly mint green heart
- Giggly - light pink with pearly plum heart
- Sakura - lavender with pearly magenta heart

Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high gloss formula.  Three long-wearing finishes - Cream, Sheer, and Frosted.  Visibly different.  Provides no-streak/no-chip finish.  Contains conditioners and UV protection.  Go hi-lacquer!
- Little Girl Type - creamy pale lavender
- Ice Cream Cake - creamy blue pink
- Mischievous Mint - creamy pale blue mint

I just all these pinks!  My two favorite items in the collection are the ones that I listed in my Most Wanted list this month; the Plushglass in Girl <3 Boy and the Nail Lacquer in Little Girl Type.  These totally make up for me missing out on Sugarsweet.  Plushglass is my favorite Lipglass formula from MAC and I was really excited to see this one featured in the collection since I feel that this formula never gets enough love from the company.  In addition to Girl <3 Boy, I also want the Fashion Forward shade.  To finish up the lip shades that I love, I want the Lipsticks in Quite Cute and Saint Germain.  I'm not sure how much use I will really get from Quite Cute (pale lavender) but I still want to try it out.  I can pass on the Lip Pencils and why is Boldly Bare featured in this collection?!  Not only is it deeper than every single lip shade, it doesn't match anything else in this collection.  Why?!

Anyway, back to the collection.  I originally was in love with the Eye Quad but I have read on both the Musings blog and the Temptalia blog that it was simply awful to work with and then ended up having little color payoff.  So I will cross that off my list and look for shades like these in MAC's permanent shadow collection.  The Quite Cute Blushes intrigue me, I love the Giggly shade but am concerned about how the shades will end up mixing together and if my cheeks will really vary in color from each usage.  And the Miss Behave shade?  Where did the idea for green heart come from? 

This is my favorite MAC collection so far this year.  This has some great pink and lavender shades and contains some real winners for me.  On the flip side, this collection has one of the oddest products that I have ever seen from MAC in their release of the blush with the mint green heart...

photo courtesy of Nordstrom 

No comments: