Wednesday, April 6, 2011

DDF Glycolic Exfoliating Wash 5%

My first DDF face product and my first major experience with using Glycolic Acid, this is quite a combination!  Glycolic Acid is a top rated exfoliating and anti-aging ingredient in skincare, available in many different products and concentrations.  I have stayed away from this ingredient for several years since I was afraid that my skin would rebel and get very irritated.  Glycolic Acid is one of the main ingredient in peels since it is tops for exfoliating skin.  It helps to get all the dead skin cells off the face and then helps to stimulate collagen growth to help reduce the signs of aging.  I felt like a child going into the kiddie pool for the first time when I decided to buy this product at Sephora.  I decided to try this ingredient in the lowest concentration that I could find and in a product that wouldn't stay on my skin for an extended period of time.

"An anti-aging glycolic acid cleanser.  This wash is a combination of ultra pure glycolic acid and gentle foamimg action for both the face and body.  It exfoliates to remove dead skin cells that clog pores, impede moisturization, and make skin look dull and lifeless.  DDF Glycolic Acid Exfoliating Wash also reduces fine lines and wrinkles while softening the skin.  Recommended for normal to oily skin." 

This product is recommended for use everyday for oily skin types but only a few times a week for normal to drier skin types.  I used this product only twice a week, treating it as an exfoliater instead of a face wash.  i used this only at night so that it I experienced any redness from it, I would have a few hours for it to calm down before I had to go face the day.  I used this product exactly I would any face wash, I got my face wet, applied this product and worked it in for a minute then rinsed it off fully.  It always rinsed off clean and never gave me any problems in the dryness area.  It also didn't make my redness any worse but it didn't reduce it in any way. 

I felt a bit of tingling with the use of this product but I have read that that is normal with the use of glycolic acid.  It went away quickly when I rinsed the product off and I didn't have any other reactions to it.  This product helped to clear up the old acne discolorations that I had on my chin and worked just as any other exfoliating product would.  I could never use this product every day, it would be too much for my skin.  This is my first foray into the use of this ingredient and I was able to reap the benefits of it.  I don't know how much more of a concentration I could use of this ingredient though.  If I were to decide to use a higher concentration, I would use it only under the advice of a dermatologist. 

Pinky toe into the pool...  I'm getting quite brave in my skincare choices...

photo courtesy of Sephora 

No comments: