Saturday, April 9, 2011

MAC Primed for Perfection

MAC is capitalizing on it's superior knowledge of primers and their ability to make these products at a superior level in this industry.  This month they have brought out a small collection named Primer for Perfection and consists of two new products that will only make them an even bigger force in this primer industry.  I have been a loyal fan of Prep + Prime since it was first used on me at the counter and I only continued to love it more as I used and used the bottle that I purchased.  I think it is time for me to add more primers from MAC to my makeup collection...

"MAC owns the primers category.  Now we're talking Prep + Prime further than ever with this collection.  And a wonderful new shaded highlighter debuts with this collection - Prep + Prime Highlighter is lush and cushiony, yet lightweight.  The click "pen" allows for exact application."

The new primers...

Prep + Primer Highlighter - A pen-style highlighter that efficiently brings a soft sheer wash of colour to the skin.  With its precise application, adds radiance just where you want it.  Goes on smoothly for cushion-soft wear.  Use over makeup for highlights, touch-ups, or under makeup to brighten and prime. 
- Light Boost - soft yellow cream
- Bright Forecast - mid tone peachy coral
- Radiant Rose - light shell pink

Prep + Prime Vibrancy Eye - Instant eye prep!  This quick fix reduces the look of puffy eyes and under-eye shadows while imparting a bright natural radiance to the entire eye area.  Perfectly primes the eye for makeup.  Use regularly and see those instant benefits become more permanent!

I am excited to try both of these products!  The Vibrancy Eye has me the most interested, since it sounds like a version of Prep + Prime created just for the eye.  I have to ask the MAC associate if this product is a sub for a regular eye cream in the morning or if it is made to be used on top of an eye cream.  The result of this question might change how interested I am in this product.  I don't know that it will have the high amounts of dark circle reducing factors that I am used to in eye creams.  The Highlighter pen reminds me of Touche Eclat from YSL and one that I have worked with from Pout.  The Radiant Rose shade is of most interest to me with all the pink in my skintone.

photo courtesy of MAC 

No comments: