Thursday, April 21, 2011

Versace Bright Crystal

When people talk about the perfume bottle attracting them to fragrance...  Bright Crystal is one of the most distinct bottles and it attracted me to the bottle from all the way across the beauty department of Macy's, even distracting me from the MAC and Chanel counters.  The large crystal on the top of this bottle is very classic Versace and reminded me of the jewels that Dontella Versace is always draped in.  This bottle is 100% Versace and is the perfect bottle design for this company.  The face that this scent is a winner too is the icing on the very lovely cake.

Bright Crystal came out initally in 2008 and caught my eye the first time that I saw it.  It reminded me very much of Dior Addict 2 and I had a bottle of that open at the time so I pushed this one off until that bottle was done.  I finished my Dior and then by the next spring, I had so many bottles of perfume open that I had no reason to every buy another one.  I still ahve no reason to buy another one this time around but since I have nothing like this in my collection now, I will be picking up a bottle next time that I get to the perfume counters. 

"Inspired by a mixture of Dontella Versace's favorite floral fragrances, Bright Crystal is a fresh, sensual blend of refresing chilled yuzu and pomegranete mingled with soothing blossoms of peony, magnolia, and lotus flower, warmed with notes of musk and amber", states the Sephora website when they created a description for this fragrance.  The fragrance is very much the fruity floral blend, combining the florals with crisp notes so it doesn't become too sweet.

The notes of the fragrance are: Iced Accord, Yuzu, Pomegranate, Peony, Magnolia, Lotus Flower, Acajou, Vegetal Amber, Musk.  Peony and Yuzu are two of the major notes of Dior Addict 2 so it very easy to see the similarities in this fragrance and the major reason why I didn't need this fragrance when it first came out. 

Bright Crystal smells almost exactly the same on me as Dior Addict 2 so my purchase will come down to one aspect of the fragrance: length of time it stays on my skin.  I will do the Dior on one wrist and the Versace on the other and just see which one lasts longer.  Something in my memory tells me that it will be the Versace since I remember that it stayed on very well when I first tried it out.  Bottle-wise, the Versace is the clear winner.  The Dior bottle has nothing on the Versace, it is one of a kind and would look fantastic on my bureau.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: