Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fekkai Brillant Glossing Sheer Shine Mist

Fekkai's Glossing Cream has been a top selling products for years running and it spawned a second styling product in the Glossing collection about two or three years ago. This product did make the cut when Fekkai revamped his entire line, leading me to believe that it sold almost as well, if not as well, as the original Glossing Cream. This product of which I speak is the Brillant Glossing Sheer Shine Mist, a finishing product for creating shine on the hair cuticle. This product was the answers to the prayers fo the ladies that have fine hair since the traditional Glossing Cream performed best for medium to think hair and could overwhelm fine hair if too much is added. Since a pea sized drop is enough for thick hair, you can imagine how easily it would be for fine haired ladies to not have a good experience with the cream.

The Fekkai website prodvides a great description of this product, "Feather-light mist delivers an even veil of shine with encapsulated olive oil plus all day long protection. This last impression - leaves sheer shine to finish any style. Fekkai's legendary shine collection infuses new encapsulated Shine-Release Complex in its winning olive oil formula to renew shine all day, strand by strand, minute by minute." I first received a sample of this product at Bath and Body Works when it was released and then I recently purchased a full size of it from the Fekkai website, this is great for a light finishing spray in the warmer months.

This product is best used on dry hair as a finishing product, the cream could be used in this way or on wet hair as a defrizzing serum. This spray is best used when it is held about a foot from the hair. I spray it lightly on my hair then work it through with my hands the way that I would the cream version of the product. This spray still has olive oil in it for shine so if you spray too much, you will still end up with limp, sticky hair. I have found that less is more when it comes to all Fekkai Brillant Glossing products and I recommend playing with this product first (on day when you have nothing to do) and seeing how much you need for shine and how much is going overboard.

My hair is very thick so I will say that I still prefer the cream version of this product, my hair soaks it right up and I really have to try to go overboard on it. The spray is nice for those with finer hair or on very humid days. Looking at it from this point of view, I could also see this being a better product for those with shorter hair since even a pea sized drop of the cream might be too much.

photo courtesy of Fekkai

No comments: