Friday, April 15, 2011

Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche

Chanel Chance is now becoming one of those fragrances that is spawning different versions based on the seasons.  The original Chance became so popular that they company began releasing new versions of it to satisfy customer demand.  Eau Fraiche was the first version of this scent to be released and is one of those rare fragrances that I bought on first sniff (joining Stella and MAC Dejarose).  When I bought this fragrance, Lord and Taylor only had the huge, 3.4 oz. bottles left so I had to buy the largest size of this scent.  It's a very good thing that I love this fragrance since the last thing that I needed to add to my fragrance collection is another giant bottle of perfume. But I bought it and it has been serving me very well ever since.

Sephora states, "Chance Eau Fraiche, the newest incarnation of the unexpected fragrance, now takes on a sparkling freshness.  The unexpected floral bursts with a lightness and zest as notes of citrus, Water Hyacinth, and Jasmine Absolute are highlighted and energized with woody notes of Amber of Patchouli and Fresh Vetiver."  The original fragrance is more floral and spice so this one is much lighter overall, with the Fresh Vetiver and the slight Amber of Patchouli notes replacing the spice notes. 

This fragrance opens on me with the water and the citrus notes.  The notes that are the strongest on my skin are the Water Hyacinth and the Jasmine.  The jasmine note is lighter than many other jasmine fragrances and when blended with the lighter floral, water, and citrus notes, is completely wearable in the warmer weather.  This fragrance is very long-lasting on me, as are all the Chanels that I have tried.  There is something about the fragrance formulation in this brand that makes all the fragrances last forever on my skin, I wish other companies would figure out this secret but until they do I will keep going back to Chanel scents. 

Chanel has now released another version of the Chance fragrance, called Eau Tendre.  I haven't gotten to smell this one yet and try it out.  I do have to do this soon since I have had great luck with the original Chance and the Eau Fraiche version.  Of the two so far, I actually don't know which one is my favorite since they have such different notes in them.  Eau Fraiche makes me think of the warm days of spring and summer since this is the time of the year that I break it out. 

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: