Friday, April 8, 2011

Philosophy Salt Water Taffy Set

Last summer, Philosophy released a limited edition set of 3-in-1s in salt water taffy based fragrances.  I immediately fell in love with the idea of the lemon taffy scent and spent ages trying to track bottles of it down.  However, it was not meant to be since it sold out so quickly that I never even got to smell any of the fragrances.  Based on the popularity of it, Philosophy brought the three fragrances back and put them in a limited edition 3-in-1 set for the rest of us to buy.  I was so excited when I saw this set on the Sephora website, I can finally get my hands on the Lemon Salt Water Taffy scent!

The last time that I was at Sephora, I was able to smell these and they were so worth the wait.  When my tax return comes in, I will be heading up to buy them the next day.  These scents so reminded me of the candy store at Bay Village (Long Beach Island, New Jersey) where I have been getting candy every summer since I was a small child.  These gels just scream "summer" and "beach" to me, which is exactly what I need this spring.

"A set of Philosophy triple-duty Shampoo, Shower Gel, & Bubble Bathes in the sweet scents of lemon, lime, and strawberry salt water taffy.  These candy-scented gels will let you recapture your childhood delight evoking memories of a stroll down the boardwalk and into the sweet shop.  Their extra rich and creamy formulas gently cleanse and condition, leaving skin and hair feeling ultra soft."

We all know that lemon scents are a weakness of mine and that I have ended up with a collection of them over the years.  Following this logic, the lemon is by far my favorite of the fragrances and I would love to own it in the larger size of 3-in-1 that Philosophy normally offers.  The lemon is very sweet and sugary, it almost reminds me of Bath and Body Work's old Hello Sugar scent (that I used to love).  The lime is the tartest of the three and is a very true lime scent.  This one is my least favorite of the three, it is very close to an old pure lime scent that Philosophy used to carry.  The strawberry is the sweetest of the three and reminds me of their strawberry ice cream scent. 

The lemon taffy scent is one the best lemon candy scents that I have ever used and I really wish I could buy it in a large bottle, instead of just the set in smaller sizes.  I like all three of these scents, so it worth getting the whole set.  Thinking about the candy, I am now hoping that Philosophy would do banana taffy.  Or peppermint...  I am really craving the beach and Bay Village right now.

photo courtesy of Sephora 

No comments: