Monday, April 4, 2011

C.O. Bigelow Organic Lip Shines

C.O. Bigelow has introduced three more new lip shines for the spring season. Earlier, we looked at the new flavors in the Lemon Lip collection, all of which were more of a balm texture than a gloss. This time around, the lip glosses are much glossier while still mainting great hydrating properties. This time around, C.O. Bigelow has changed around a bit and introduced glosses that aren't part of the Mentha collection. I still love the Mentha collection but I was really excited to see flavors that stand on their own and aren't mixed with the mint. These new glosses also fall into the Organic line of glosses from this company, another plus. April is Earth month so any extra effort that can be put forward this month to buy more items that are "green" is much encouraged. And how easy is it to buy more organic lip glosses when they also happen to be fantastic?!

There are three flavors in this collection; Golden Peach, Ripe Blackberry, and Strawberries and Cream.  all of the glosses have the same texture and shine properties, so any is a great choice from that aspect.  "Our refreshingly delicious moisturizing Lip Shines are made with 92% organic ingredients and natural fruit extracts.  Treat your lips to 'good-for-you' ingredients, delicious flavor and a touch of shine!"

Golden Peach is a true peach scent, there is nothing super sweet or artifical about this one.  This is a perfect summer scent for anyone who loves peach or fruit-based scents in general.  This one couldn'y be any more spot on, it might just be the perfect peach scent.  Ripe Blackberry is my favorite of the three, even though I normally dislike berry scents for lip glosses.  Most lip glosses have fake, super-sweet berry scents.  This one is nothing like the others, it is just pure blackberry, sweet without being fake or syrupy.  I thought that I would hate this one but I love it the most of all of them.  The last scent is the Strawberries & Cream, the sweetest of the three.  This one reminds me more of strawberry ice cream instead of pure strawberry.  I was hoping that it would be more true to the strawberry scent and a bit less sweet but I still like this scent.

The blackberry is my favorite and I will be purchasing at leat two of these to keep for the whole summer.  I like both of the other flavors and wouldn't hesitate to buy both of them at any time.  I don't know if these are limited edition but it seems like Bath and Body Works rotates through their lip products seasonally.  This is a great addition to my lip gloss collection and I can only hope that Bigelow will do something like this again for summer.  Mango? Coconut?  Watermelon?  I can only hope!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: