Thursday, April 28, 2011

Boscia Blotting Linens

The past few days the weather has been in the mdi to high 70s and the humidity factor is off the chart.  Practically overnight, my skin went from being dry after applying face lotion to any oily T-zone that hasn't needed lotion in a day.  In addition to my skincare and makeup, I use another product to help with the oilness in this area.  This product is the Boscia Blotting Linens, an easy touch-up for oily areas throughout the day.

Sephora categorizes this product as, "Handy blotting sheets for easy touch-ups".  A few more details from the company are, "Boscia Fresh Blotting Linens absorb excess oil and banish shine without disturbing your makeup.  These 100% natural linen, preservative-free facial blotting papers will keep you looking matte and lovely, all day long.  Their compact holder slips easily into your purse, pocket, or desk drawer."  They are ideal for all skin types including sensitive. 

This product comes in three versions: Green Tea, Lavender, and Original formula.  I purchased the Green Tea formula from Sephora because this is one of the ones that was recommended for sensitive skin.  The Original formula is suitable for all skin types.  Both the Green Tea and Lavender are recommended for senstive skin.  The Green Tea formulation is oil control for sensitive skin.  The Lavender version is formulated for calming and balancing sensitive skin. 

I am very happy with the Green Tea version of this product.  One blotting linen is more than enough to sop up all the oil on my T-Zone area and it has never irritated my skin so far.  I like that it doesn't remove my malkeup and leaves a smooth, oil-free finish on my face.  I keep this product in my purse at all times, the small package is easy enough to slip into a clutch so I really can carry this everywhere. 

I love the Green Tea version of this product however, I must say that I am interested in the Lavander version  and how different the "calming and balancing" aspect of that product will be on my skin.  Since this product is not absrobed into the skin, I can't see how effective this could be.  I am wondering if contains essential oils that can control pH or heat in the skin...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: