Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bobbi Brown Spring 2012 Collection - Rose Gold Collection

The Bobbi Brown Spring 2012 collection is based around one of the big trends in jewelry that we started seeing last fall and hasn't lost any popularity over the past few months.  Last fall, I started seeing rose gold colored jewelry in all of the fall fashion magazines and that trend later spread to nail polish.  This spring, Bobbi Brown is taking this shade to the extreme and basing her entire spring color collection around it.  This shade is said to be universally flattering to every skin tone and easier to wear than many other hues of gold.  I could barely wear gold shades to begin with so it remains to be seen if this actually is an improvement for someone with my pale, cool skintone or if this will be a collection best suited to those of us with a warmer skintone and a bit of a tan all the time.

After seeing this collection for the first time, I decided to play around with some items that I already own and see if I could create a rose gold look.  I used a pink-gold eye shadow (MAC Et Tu Bouquet from A Rose Romance) and a true gold eye shadow (Urban Decay Deluxe Eye Shadow In Honey) to try and get the look on the model for this collection.  I loved the look on my eyes but I don't know how well it would work on my cheeks and lips.  However I am so excited to try some of these shades out on my eyes!  However it does appear that this collection contains more face and lip products than eye products so I am a bit disappointed in this area.

Here is the Rose Gold collection from Bobbi Brown...

Shimmer Brick Compact - Handmade in Italy, this award-winning editor's favorite highlights skin with five bars with pearlescent shimmer.  Each bar also doubles as eye shadow.
- Rose Gold - medium rose shimmer/medium gold shimmer/medium bronze shimmer/deep bronze shimmer/deep rose shimmer
- Wild Rose - deep warm rose shimmer/deep gold shimmer/warm medium bronze shimmer/deep tan shimmer/medium gold shimmer

Rich Lip Color SPF 12 - Bright, get noticed color.  Introducing Rich Lip Color SPF 12.  Lightweight, yet intense, Bobbi's latest formula combines pigments with a clear base to deliver pure, crisp color with just one swipe.  Plus, it's creamy and moisturizing, so lips feel as good as they look.
- Beige Gold - pale nude with golden pearl
- Lilac - light pink tint
- Miami Coral - pale peach nectar
- Nude Rose - medium tone rose brown
- Wild Rose - raspberry pink

Rich Color Gloss - Bobbi has sized up all her glosses to give you an extra dose of shine.  Rich Color Gloss has the full color coverage of a lipstick, the soft shine of a gloss, and the luxurious feel of a balm.  It moisturizes, conditions, and lasts throughout the day without feathering, plus the new tapered applicator lets you apply it like a pro.
- Pink Cocoa - heather beige
- Angel Pink - soft pink
- Pink Gold - soft pink with gold pearl
- Pink Sorbet - soft pink raspberry

Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner - This award-winning liner gives you the look of a liquid liner with the ease and feel of a gel formula.  Long-wearing, water-resistant color glides on and lets you get it just right before it dries - than stays without a smear or crease.  Awarded "Best of Beauty" by Allure Magazine (2011).  Awarded "Best Liquid Eye Liner" by The Knot Magazine.
- Caviar Ink - deep black-brown

Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow - Sheer, lightly pearlized shadow, which can also be used as a highlighter shade under the browbone.  Comes in this sleek, flip-top compact that can be used individually or assembled into palettes (sold separately).
- Rose Gold - golden pink

Shimmer Lip Gloss - Bobbi has sized up all her glosses to give you an extra does of shine.  Shimmer Lip Gloss offers beautiful, non-sticky shine with a touch of iridescence and is perfect on its own or over your favorite lipstick.  Formulated with Aloe Extract to soothe and soften lips; Vitamins C and E for anti-oxidant protection; and Jojoba and Avocado Oils to moisturize lips. 
- Golden Nectar - peach coral shimmer

Lip Gloss - Bobbi has sized up all her glosses to give you an extra dose of shine.  Lip Gloss is formulated with soothing botanical extracts - including Avocado, Jojoba, and Chamomile Oils and Aloe Extract - to keep lips soft and supple; plus a new tapered applicator lets you apply it like a pro.  Scented with a hint of Vanilla.
- Pink Sugar - silvery pink
- Rose Gold - pinky gold
- Confetti - light shimmery pink

Face Blender Brush - A great multi-purpose brush, ideal for dusting Shimmer Brick Compact on cheekbones for a natural-looking, shimmery glow.  The Face Blender Brush can also be used with Sheer Finish Powder, Blush, or Bronzing Powder.

I think that this collection might be my first time purchasing a Shimmer Brick from this company, however I would use it only on my eyes instead of all over my face.  I love the Rose Gold shade and this will be the perfect addition to my collection of products that I have been using to create the pink gold eye makeup look.  I was hoping for a bit more variety in the eye makeup shades and I was disappointed that I couldn't find single shades with the rose gold cast, I guess that I will just buy the Shimmer Brick and hope that it performs at the same level on the eyes as it does on the face.  I bet that I will end up buying the Rose Gold shade of Shimmer Eye Shadow, I hope that it works well with the Rose Gold Shimmer Brick.

I am excited to see a large variety of lip gloss products and shades available in the collection, I have little experience with Bobbi Brown's makeup but I have heard so many positive comments about her lip products and I know so many beauty ladies that adore her formulas.  From the Rich Color Gloss formula, I really love the Pink Gold and Angel Pink shades, I hope that the Pink Gold isn't too warm for my skintone.  From the traditional Lip Gloss formula, I love the Confetti Pink shade, I love this shimmery pink shade and I think that it is sheer enough that I can safely wear it now and then all the way into the summer season. 

I really like this collection and I love how wearable the shades in it are.  Until I started playing with a rosy gold eye look, I never knew how much I loved this combination of shades.  I have been wearing my combination of these shades for the past few days and I still continue to love the results.  I need to try more products from Bobbi Brown, I have a small counter from this company in my local Macy*s but it is hidden behind the MAC counter and I often forget that it exists until I walk right by it...after buying a pile of stuff from MAC.  Time to keep walking past the MAC counter...

photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown

No comments: