Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Giorgio Armani Spring 2012 Collection

It is the last week of March and this spells the end of the spring collections, the summer collections are beginning to trickle out and I am actually on my last of the spring collections.  I saved the Armani beauty collection for last since I often lust after these collections but have very few chances to get my hands on any of these products, I have to order online or pick them up when I get into New York City.  Otherwise, nothing from this makeup line is really available anywhere around me.  I do feel somewhat bittersweet every single time that I review the seasonal collections from this company, I often end up falling in love with at least one piece of the collection and then I have a very hard time getting my hands on it and I have to decide how important the product actually is to me...

This collection consists of four key products for spring and doesn't focus in only on one feature.  This collection doesn't have a name or a description, something that I found a bit on the surprising side since Armani's collections normally have a theme that ties them together.  My early favorites from this collection look like they will be one of the eye shadow palettes and the new bright pink blush shade.  I am currently only looking for products and shades that will be able to see me all the way through the rest of the spring and then well into the summer months. 

Here is the last of the spring color collections!

Eye Palette - The new secret of radiance, the precious "Luce d'oro" pigment gives a special luminosity to the eye.  Two are the must-have products for the season: a palette that combines soft pastels with the luster of antique gold and one that presents a harmony of gold and copper accented with a moonlight silver.
- Eye Palette #1 - pearl violet/jade green/sheer gold/greige
- Eye Palette #2 - gray/metal fiber/copper pigment/crystal brown

Tourmaline Pink Blush - A subtle blush softer than the classic formulas where white, beige, and pink replace the classic white powders.  Micronized to the extreme, this blush leaves a translucent glow that illuminates every complexion.
- 1 - series of pinks and beiges

Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil - Pure wave of light in an exquisite texture.  Offered in two versions, antique gold and copper, this exceptional pencil brightens eyes with metallic definition.  Remarkably soft and creamy upon application, the formula is as precise as a kohl, as intense as an eyeliner.  It creates long-lasting, water-resistant outline which stays intense for hours.
- 4 Antique - antique gold
- 5 Copper - bright metallic copper

Gloss d'Armani Lip Gloss - Thanks to the exclusve Color-Fil Shine Technology, Gloss d'Armani has the abilty to form a supple mesh that traps pigments and pearlscent particles.  A supple, silky weave of shine, Gloss d'Armani stays radiant for over eight hours.  Four unique colours: Greige d'Armani, Caffeine, Wild Rose, and Blush.
- Greige d'Armani - cool gray beige
- Caffeine - medium brown
- Wild Rose - medium cool rose shimmer
- Blush - cool medum pink

I really only love two pieces of this collection, the eye shadow palettes.  I tried to choose one of the shades to call my favorites but I love both of them equally so I just can't decide.  I have heard many raves about the Armani eye shadow pigmentation and texture and both of these palettes possess a great range of shades.  Other than that, I like all of the other products but I don't find any of them special enough to chase down.  The blush wasn't quite as pretty as I thought that it would be when I looked at the picture in detail, it has too many beige hues in it for it to have that cool bright pink hue that I have been into this whole spring.

Well I can't believe that I am done with the spring collections!  Now it is time for the summer collections to begin rolling out!

photo courtesy of Giorgio Armani

No comments: