Saturday, March 3, 2012

MAC Too Supreme

Too Supreme is one of the three new releases from MAC this week, I am amazed that there are already new collections in March when it seemed like last month was chock full of big MAC releases.  I bet that these are some of the smaller, more targeted collections instead of huge, show-stopping collections like we saw all last month.  We are going to start with the collection that was I most looking forward to this week, a lip product only collection called Too Supreme.  Some of you might remember that MAC originally released this collection at the mid to end of last summer and the only product contained in it was a new lipstick formulation.  This collection is slightly expanded, MAC offers new shades in that original lipstick formula and now they offer a new lip gloss formula to match the lipstick.

"East Asia's chic celebrated in fresh shades of Sheen Supreme Lipstick and new! Sheen Supreme Lipglass.  With a finish that redefines shine, these soft succulent shades have a smooth, lush pearl-rich sheen no other lip colour can match."  I admired shades in the original release but had a large school payment due very close to the release so I had to be an adult and skip over the original collection.  However it seems that many of the shades are back and now there are more new ones too so this might be a better time to me to head to the counter and pick up some new lippies!

Too Supreme from MAC!

Sheen Supreme Lipstick - Combining the colour impact of a Lipstick with the shine sheen of a Lipglass, Sheen Supreme creates the perfect hybrid - with no compromise.  Lightweight, non-sticky, slick to apply, and comfortable to wear.  This is a must-have for all those who have craved this kind of fusion.
- Supremely Confident - pale nude
- Happy Hibiscus - creamy white-pink
- Supreme Style - light coral with pink
- Bare Again - pinky neutral beige
- Tea Ceremony - neutral beige pink
- Sheer Mandarin - mid-tone yellow orange
- Fashion City - neutral coral with pink
- Royal Azalea - bright mid-tone pink
- Insanely It - watermelon pink
- Zen Rose - bright mid-tone fuschia
- Korean Candy - bright orange-red
- Asian Flower - creamy lavender

Sheen Supreme Lipglass - Fusing soft succulent shades with smooth, lush, pearl-rich shine, this Lipglass puts a high gloss twist on Sheen Supreme's signature finish.  Slick, clickable pen-style applicator with a super soft brush delivers shine in one stroke.
- Jasmine Honey - light cream beige
- Almond Blossom - pale pink with high level pearl
- Fuji Pink - pale peach with low level pearl
- Cherry Fest - rose with high level pearl
- Sweet Bean - cool beige with pearl
- Moon Beach - warm light beige with pearl
- Mango Sheen - bright coral with pearl
- Asian Butterfly - lilac with pearl
- Imperial Red - bright rose with pearl
- Dress Kimono - midtone frosted plum
- Black Tea - deep brown with pearl

I compared this new lipstick shade range with my original post of the collection, Zen Rose is the only shade that I believe is new and that one is now the only one that I want to try.  My original comments still hold, many of the light shades are too white for any human to pull off and aren't going to work very well for my current skin tone or the fake tan that I will have this summer.  Tea Ceremony looks like a deeper pink beige than Bare Again so this is the only one of the originals that I would try.  However, I just ordered Illamasqua's Lipstick in Test which is a shade that looks exactly like this one so I might not even need it.

This new lipglass formula might be of interest to me, I like the pen-style applicator.  I hope that this formula is a bit thinner than the original Lipglass otherwise I don't know how well this type of packaging will work.  Almond Blossom is my favorite of the new shades and this is the one that I have pictured, I love this light pink pearl and this will be perfect to wear this spring.  Cherry Fest is the other shade that I am interested in but I want to see how bright and vibrant it is on the lip, I tend to avoid red lip glosses that are very pigmented and very shiny.  This one I will have to see in person.

I like the new shade in the Lipstick and I want to try the new Lipglass formula but I don't know that MAC had to release a whole collection around them and try to pass the Sheen Supreme off as something brand new...

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: