Saturday, March 31, 2012

Estee Lauder Mad Men Color Collection

I have been a fan of Christina Hendricks for a few years now even though I don't get to watch Mad Men near as often as I would like to.  Noting how obsessed I am her look, you can all imagine how excited I was to see that Estee Lauder was working with creative team on the show to create a limited edition makeup collection for the spring.  This collection began to show up about two or three weeks ago and it came out just in time for the beginning of the new season at the end of March.  This small makeup collection is inspired by the show and the looks of the decade that it is set in, I would love to get this dressed up for my job every day!

This collection consists of only lip and cheek products, all of which are housed in a jeweled compacts that are as lovely as the product housed inside them.  From what I have been told by my mother, this is the way that cosmetics were traditionally sold.  First you bought the case itself and then you purchased and repurchased the product to put inside.  Personally I love expensive packaging and I think that I would like purchasing makeup like this, visions of a Tiffany & Co lipstick case are coming into my head right now.  Perhaps some past trends needs to come back very quickly...

I believe that this collection will only be at the Estee Lauder counters and the company's website so I pulled all of the information from the website.  "The heart of the Mad Men Look: Lipstick and Creme Rouge in elegant, vintage designs from the legendary Estee Lauder '60s collections."  I already spy a deep red cream lipstick from this collection...

Estee Lauder and Mad Men!

Mad Men Lipstick - Inspired by the award-winning AMC drama Mad Men, the must-have classic makeup item that captures the iconic cherry red lips of the era.  Lipstick case and carton are inspired by vintage designs from the legendary Estee Lauder '60s collection.  This limited edition lipstick lavishes your lips your lips.  Cream satin finish.  Smooth, rich lip color.
- Cherry - deep cool red cream

Mad Men Creme Rouge - Inpisred by the award-winning AMC drama Mad Men, the must-have classic makeup item that captures the iconic rosy cheeks of the era.  Compact and carton are inspired by vintage designs from the legendary Estee Lauder '60s collection.  This limited edition blush is creamy, light, easy to blend.  Dewy, smooth, natural finish.
- Evening Rose - deep cool rose

I love both of these products, the females on Mad Men all have pale skintones and since these shades were made to use on the show, they will be so flattering on my skintone too.  I love both of the two new products, I really wish that more would have come out with this collection since I know that I would want all of it.  If I had to choose my favorite piece of the collection, it would have to be the lipstick shade, I love this red.  However if I am being practical then I would buy the blush since i know that Iw ould use it at least three or four times a week.

I need to both catch up on my Mad Men episodes this season and I need to head out to the nearest Estee Lauider counter and do some shopping.  This might actually be my favorite collection from Estee Lauder and I would have loved if this collection was much larger.

photo courtesy of Estee Lauder

No comments: