Friday, March 9, 2012

Zoya Spring 2012 Collection - True Collection

With my current craze for nail polish, I have been spending a lot more time on the Nail Board of Makeup Alley and the Scrange Nail Polish blog.  In addition to just looking at China Glaze shades, I have been seeing lots of different brands that I hadn't really heard of before.  When I really thought about it, before looking into China Glaze and really getting into polishes, the only brands that I really used and knew about were OPI, Deborah Lippmann, and Chanel.  But I am happy to note that I am seeing all kinds of different brands now and my nail polish collection is growing faster than any other type. 

One of the brands that I see lots of raves about in both of those places is the Zoya brand of polishes, I have only ever seen this line at Ulta and the display wasn't near the size of the OPI or Essie displays.  This line combines the best of both worlds, it is available in salons so I know that the quality needs to pass muster from many stylists however I can still buy it at Ulta and order it from the company website so I am not running around in circles trying to find certain shades of it (my current issue with China Glaze).  As long as my local Ulta has a good selection of these shades than I will be happily collecting these polishes for the next few months.

I haven't gotten to try any of these polishes yet so I decided to start by looking at the new spring collection and seeing if there are a few shades that are worth the trip to Ulta.  Between the past two China Glaze releases and the Butter London polishes, my next trip to Ulta is going to be quite hard on my wallet...

The new collection is named True Collection and it consists of six new polishes that are sold individually and in a set of all six.  The collection contains three light to medium shades and three deeper toned shades.  The deeper toned shades could be considered jewel tones since these formula contain a shimmer element to the finish.

Nail Polish - The new color of fashion.  Zoya Nail Polish combines the most sought-after fashion ail colors with the longest-lasting, safest technology in nail care.  Zoya's 300-plus stylish nail polish are all formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and camphor free.  The cutting edge formula has also won a Women's Health Magazine independant panel award for longest-lasting polish.  The release of Zoya's four seasonal polish collections is always hotly anticipated by beauty editors, beauty lovers, and the salon and spa community alike.
- Cho - Opaque yellow-toned light soft peachy beige with a hint of ultra-fine silver shimmer.  A light, creamy nude especially nice for skintones with olive or yellow undertones.  Warm.  Cream.
- Farah - Opaque light khaki-beige with subtle sandy, greenish undertones and a cream finish.  An always appropriate neutral to add to your polish wardrobe.  Warm.  Cream.
- Bevin - Dusty, medium sage green with teal tones and a creamy opaque finish.  A stylish and unique shade for when you want something different from the usual mint green.  Cool.  Cream.
- Skylar - Medium steel blue with a softened, dusty look and speckled by visible gold and silver shimmer flecks.  A soft blue that's bold without being too dark, bright, or flashy.  Cool.  Metallic.
- Tru - A saturated, red-toned grape purple with speckled shimmer that reflects gold, orange, and red.  Bold and saturated warm color made even more interesting with color-shifting shimmer.  Cool.  Metallic.
- Lotus - A very soft, dusty blue-toned amethyst purple with colorful shimmer that reflects pink, red, and gold.  A dreamy, smoky shade for purple lovers that looks both soft and luminous.  Cool and warm.  Metallic.

I love love love these shade descriptions, all the detials that this company provides makes it almost impossible to order a shade that looks nothing like the picture.  I also love that the company provides details as to what skintones it will flatter and the warmth/coolness is commented on.  I had made too many errors with ordering shades that are much warmer than they look on the websites.  I have never seen a company that provides so many details to their customers, it seems like this company genuinely wants their customers to pick the right shade the first time.  I would not hesitate to order shades from this company.

I have two favorites from this collection, one green and one blue.  Bevin is the dirty green shade, I own nothing like this and I don't even think that I have ever seen a shade like this before.  This shade is so much more interesting than all the pretty mint greens that we have been seeing this spring, it is very unexpected and so unique.  We all know that I would be attracted to a blue polish as soon as I knew that it was part of the collection.  Skylar is a medium blue with gold and silver shimmer.  Again, this is so unique and is like no other shade that I have seen before.

If the polishes themselves are as good as they sound and actually earn all the raves that I have read from them, then the products from this company look as though they could provide me with yet another nail polish brand obsession.

photo courtesy of Zoya

No comments: