Friday, March 23, 2012

YSL Spring 2012 Collection

Warm weather is now officially here and spring is in full swing.  The collections are beginning to wind down and the beauty industry is already looking toward the summer collections and trends.  I have less than the five collections left to look at and I think that I will be down with the spring product by the beginning of April and begin moving onto the summer collections.  The look on the YSL model is one of my favorites for the spring, the brightly colored eye look.  This company's eye shadows are among the best in the industry so I very happy to see that they jumped on the bandwagon with this trend and are giving us some great choices to create this look.  With some of these dramatic eye shadow shades, I have been dying to try matching my colored eye makeup look with my pastel nails, I will be trying it out for going out first since this one will be way too much for the office.  I have been more into color this year than any other year before!

This collection offers two brightly colored eye shadow palettes so we have tons of bright eye makeup choices from this collection.  That fact really gets me excited since I now have a rainbow of hues to choose from this collection.

The newest collection from YSL...

Rock Candy 4-Color Eye Shadow Palette - For the first time, a spring look inspired by Lloyd Simmons, YSL's International Makeup Artist.  This limited edition eye shadow palette draws inspiration from a sweet treat and features four shades each with a different finish: matte, shimmery, satiny, and velvety for a fresh spring look.  Apply the darkest shades close to the upper lash line to intensify the eye.  Place the light shades on the eyelid.  Add a final touch of radiance by highlighting the browbone or the inner corner of the eye with the lightest reflective shades.
- pale pink/deep navy blue/bright magenta/medium lilac
Ombres 5 Lumieres Palette - A versatile palette of shadows in four captivating colors and finishes, ranging from shimmer to sheen and metallic to matte - and one coordinating highlighter. All shades harmoniously blend to create any look you desire - soft and subtle or dazzling and dramatic; your options are endless.  The silky, longwear formula is infused with an optical smoothing effect that reveals breathtakingly radiant color that look luminous in any lighting.
- No 13 - bright aqua/pale pink/pale mint/bright gold/medium blue purple

Voile de Blush Gel Blush - Voile de Blush is a water-based gel blush.  It provides a sheer wash of color to subtly tint your cheeks.  The ultra-light and refreshing texture allows an easy and flawless application to the cheeks for a radiant glow.  The result: a lowing, natural look, perfect for springtime.
- No 1 - bright red
- No 2 - medium peach coral
- No 3 - medium rose

Rouge Volupte Pearl Lipstick - This creamy and nourishing lipstick is enveloped in a luxurious gold case with the elegant YSL logo.  Lips instantly feel soft and supple, drenched in sophisticated color with a satiny-pearl finish.  The secret - an exclusive blend of nourishing and soothing ingredients combined with pearls to caress lips in a sensual shine for irresistible lips.  Long lasting and highly comforing formula, leave lips looking smoother, fuller, and more radiant.
- No 113 - deep wine pearl
- No 114 - bright pink pearl
- No 115 - neutral medium beige pearl
- No 116 - pale blue pink pearl

Manicure Couture Duo - Discover the new limited edition Manicure Couture Duo duos in candy colored hues created to perfectly complement the new Spring Look collection.  In two mouth watering color combinations: Bubble Gum Pink and Tangerine Orange, Mint Green and Chocolately Brown.
- No 7 - Bubble Gum Pink and Tangerine Orange
- No 8 - Mint Green and Chocolately Brown

The collections from this company have been getting better and better every single year!  This used to be one of the collections that I never really cared about and never bought any items from but I see so many products that I must have from this new series of products.  I want to start with both of the new eye makeup palettes with the Ombres 5 Lumieres Palette being my favorite of the two new products.  I am very interested in the new Gel Blush formula, I want to try the rose shade of this product.  Neither of the other shades will really work for me but I am hoping that the formula would work well for me since I ahve heard very good comments on gel blush formulas.  Last but not least, I must try the new lipstick formula in both of the pink hues that it is offered in.

I like both of the new polish duos but I can't really see that I will buy either of them.  The shades aren't unique enough for me to warrant purchasing them, I could buy any of these shades from China Glaze or OPI and I would have a much better shade selection from which to try.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: