Tuesday, March 27, 2012

MAC Perennial Pinks

I have been going crazy for pink shades the past two months...as you guys all know!  I am not the only one though, the whole beauty industry has been very focused on pink hues this whole season and have been releasing so many great collections around this range of shades.  I am so happy that MAC has brought together a collection that is full of their best pink hues, I have been looking forward to spending some time at my local MAC counter and picking up a huge haul of new products.  Some of the best pinks that I have seen all season are from MAC collections and many of them sold out within days of hitting the website and counters.  This collection is named Perennial Pinks and it is a group of pink shades that are in the permanent collection and therefore shades that I have get much easier than the limited edition hues.

"It's Springtime...and colour is in full bloom.  Shop this online selection of our favourites."  I will be making a list of these shades and visiting my closest counter very soon!

Here are MAC's favorite pinks!

Eye Shadow - Highly pigmented powder.  Applies evenly, blends well.
- Pink Venus - washed pink (Lustre)
- Sushi Flower - pinky coral with pink shimmer (Satin)

Sheen Supreme Lipstick - Combining the colour impact of a Lipstick with the shine sheen of a Lipglass, Sheen Supreme creates the perfect hybrid - with no compromise.  Lightweight, non-sticky, slick to apply and comfortable to wear.  This is a must-have for all those who have created this kind of fusion.
- Behave Yourself - light blue pink
- Blossom Culture - soft pink with pearl

Cremesheen Glass - A lip finish that fuses the creamy, sheen-filled nature of Cremesheen Lipstick with the shine of MAC Lipglass.  Soft, comfortable, non-sticky.  Applies with a doe-foot applicator.  Use as a top layer to its namesake Lipstick or on its own.
- Fashion Scoop - clear pink
- Partial to Pink - light creamy yellow pink with light gold pearl

Cremeblend Blush - A blush that manages to make a simple blush state-of-the-art.  Creamy, easy to blend medium coverage formula imparts a natural finish that's smooth, dewy-fresh, long-lasting.
- Something Special - light coral
- So Sweet, So Easy - bright yellow pink

I'm not a fan of the pink eye shadow shades, I like the Pink Venus shade but I find the Lustre Eye Shadow formula to be very hit or miss, I have some great ones and some that I have to set aside so much extra time to use since they apply horridly.  I will play with this at the counter and then decide what I want to do with it.  My two favorite pieces are from the lip and cheek products.  I love the Cremesheen Glass in Fashion Scoop,  a very light pink shade that will work well in the spring and summer months.  My second favorite piece is the Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy.  I love this bright pink blush and cream formulas are very often my favorite formulas.

I need more pinks!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: