Wednesday, March 21, 2012

OPI for Sephora Betsey Johnson Collection

Betsey Johnson is one of my favorite designers and I love her cocktails dresses more than anything else in her line of products.  This is the time of the year that I love getting dressed up and going out at night so I am so excited to wear my favorite dresses and heels from her line.  A few months ago, I tried out the newest fragrance from this designer, Too Too.  It was a nice floral fragrance but I didn't feel that it matched up to the high standards of Betsey's clothing and accessories lines.  I had been saving the rest of my bottle for spring since it is a lighter floral and now it is time for me to get it back out.  While playing around on the Sephora website, I found another exciting offering from Betsey Johnson, the OPI and Sephora line has created a whole line of polish shades for spring inspired by creations from this designer.  The perfume may not have been my favorite but I love the bright nail polish hues that I am seeing here.

This has been a great spring season for nail polish, I have foubd so many that I love in all variety of shades and finishes.  For the longest time, I only liked pale neutrals but over the past few months I have been trying every type of shade and I have been falling more and more in love with all shades of pinks over the past two months.  Pink has been my obsession since Valentine's Day and it will continue all the way through the rest o the season.  Betsey Johnson and pink hues have always seemed to go hand and hand so I am so excited that she now has a line of nail polishes out!

"The energetic Sephora by OPI Betsey Johnson Collection features seven striking hues as well as playful nail designs, long lasting trend tips, and the first ever Sephora by OPI scented polish -  a hot, neon pink shade infused with Too Too, Betsey's newest fragrance."  I see that a neon pink polish is the featured shade of this collection!  And that it is scented with Too Too, we have been seeing scented polishes from a series of beauty product lines this spring and they aren't a selling point for me.  I don't mind that the polish is scented but it wouldn't be a strong enough selling point for me to purchase the polish if I wasn't already a fan of the color.

Here is OPI for Sephora and Betsey Johnson!
Betsey Johnson Mini Nail Colour Set - A set of six petit nail lacquers in flirty hues designed by Betsey Johnson.  From wild brights to pretty neutrals, this collection of six mini nail colors from Betsey Johnson is the perfect accessory to any wardrobe.  The long-wearing, chip-resistant shades are full of personality and reflect Betsey's own style obsessions.
Nail Colour - Fashion-forward, wearable nail colors for the modern woman who is looking for an effective, safe, environmentally conscious brand.  Sephora by OPI Nail Color,  a line of 54+ trend setting shades, puts the final touch on fingertips and toes with a top quality formula you ahve come to expect from OPI.  The long lasting, chip-resistant polish ensures flawless results with each application, and its green ingredient list excludes DBP.  Sephora by OPI combines the quality and color expertise of OPI, the world leader in professional nail color, with Sephora's reputation for the latest in beauty and sophistication.
- It's My Pink! - opaque hot pink scented with Too Too perfume
- Forever Wild - opaque black grape
- Alley Cat - opaque fuchsia
- Cartwheels On The Catwalk - opaque sea green
- Pushing Your Luck - opaque red
- XOX Betsey - opaque sandy nude
- Sparkling Personality - multi-color silver glitter

Betsey Johnson Trend Tips - A collection of self-stick tips for a fast, flirty manicure anytime.  Get a trendy, attention-deserving manicure without a visit to the salon with this set of real nail lacquer strips designed by the fabulous and fun Betsey Johnson.  The fuss-free, self-adhesive strips are easy to apply and require zero dry time.  Decoriate with glittery skulls, romantic lips, or a hot pink cheetah print for nails that are full of personality.
- Skulls - pale gray background with deep charocal skulls with red eyes
- Cheetah - hot pink background with black cheetah pattern
- Lips - pale pink background with red and bright pink lips

My favorite pieces of this collection are the single nail polish shades.  My favorite is the It's My Pink! shade, I just have been loving these bright pinks this season and I will wear them all through the summer months too!  I also like the Cartwheels On The Catwalk shade, this is a great pale green and one of the best nail polish names that I have heard in the past few seasons.  The other shades are nice but I don't love any of them, I wouldn't mind having them but I'm not going to jump through hoops to find them. 

I wasn't very happy to see the picture of the nail polish set, I was hoping that it would be small versions of the Betsey Johnson shades but the ones that are pictured look nothing like the shades in the collection.  If the shades in the set were the exact ones in the collection, I would buy the set itself.  I'm not really into the decals either, it took me long enough to get into bright shades and the nail art decals are just too much for me to pull off.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: