Thursday, March 15, 2012

Illamasqua Spring 2012 Collection - Human Fundamentalism

The Illamasqua spring collection has finally arrived on their website and I am so excited that is it out.  you guys all know that I have been crazy for Illamasqua products lately and am always lameting how impossible it is for me to find them around where I live.  I visited Sephora yesterday and they still have no word on if they are every going to carry this brand in the store closest to me.  Honestly I can't even imagine how large my collection of their products will be if i can buy them really easily, it might get even bigger than my NARS and Urban Decay collections!

I have been seeing some pictures of the new collection for the past but I haven't had much time to really sit down and look at them but today I have some extra time and I am so excited to check out every single piece of this collection.  The new collection is called Human Fundamentalism and it is the most unique collection that I have seen this whole season.  Illamasqua collections often hold this title but I think that this one might be even more unique than any other that I have seen.  The matching bright blue fake lashes and lipstick?  This collection takes the blue trend that we have been seeing this spring to a whole new level, one that no other company has even come near this season!

"Human Fundamentalism is an explosion of your alter ego.  It's becoming who you are and not who you're told to be.  Because beauty isn't conformity, but the fundamental human desire to express your inner self on the outside.  We stand for the freedom of expression, embracing our glorious imperfections and showing the world we're not ordinary but extraordinary, even if society refuses to accept it.  We're beyond conformity.  Beyond control.  Beyond hiding who we really are.  We are not a religion, but the singular opposite.  We are Illamasqua."  This collection is a series of bright shades for every aspect of the face, this is one of the brightest collections that I have seen this whole season and I love how Illamasqua uses the shades in this collection on people of all ages and skintones.

Illamasqua's newest collection!

Fundamental Palette - Experiment with contrasting textures, from glistening Liquid Metal in molten pewter to matt Cream Pigment in mint green, to express every inch of your alter ego.  Coupled with two vibrant Powder Eye Shadows in Hype (bold yellow) and Inception (rich violet), prepare for unparalleled levels of nonconformity.
- Molten Pewter Liquid Metal - shimmer pure cool pewter
- Bedaub Cream Pigment - matte mint green
- Hype Powder Eye Shadow - bold yellow
- Inception Powder Eye Shadow - rich violet

Neutral Palette - Create sculpted highlights and stark contours anywhere on your face and body with these four pivotal Powder Eye Shadows.  From our new antique gold shade, Vintage - exclusive to this palette - and matt shades Stealth (creamy buttermilk) and Wolf (rich chocolate brown), to the smoky charcoal depths of the new shade Obsidian (rich black), express your inner light and darkness with riotous glamour.
- Vintage - medium antique gold
- Stealth - creamy buttermilk
- Wolf - rich chocolate brown
- Obsidian - rich black

Powder Eye Shadow - Each of these glorious colours makes a statement that is as individual as you are.  Highly pigmented, prepare for an intensity that's not just colour-true but extremely long-lasting.  Experiment and be bold.
- Pivot - yellow green
- Vernau - yellow ochre
- Sex - pure white, matt finish
- Obsidian - rich black
- Burst - blue green
- Can Can - bright lilac purple, matt finish

Lipstick - Let your lips speak volumes.  Indulge in colour-intense lipstick with a highly pigmented formula, available in a choice of flawless finishes, from creamy matt to iridescent finishes.  Illamasqua Lipstick glides on smoothly and doesn't give up without a fight for the perfect all-night pout.  A must have for professional makeup artists, and those who want to make a statement.
- Apocalips - teal, matt finish
- Box - deep scarlet red, matt finish

Skin Base Foundation - Inspired by the cult Asian market Beauty Balm creams, Skin Base Foundation is a brand new, refined form unlike anything on the UK market.  Easily blendable, it effortlessly creates a perfect complexion, and like the entire Illamasqua foundation range, is undetectable in a professional HD environment.  Suitable for all skin types, it smoothes, softens, and conditions your skin whilst providing natural, buildable coverage.  Available in a wide range of shades to match all skintones.
Sealing Gel - One drop of this cult product turns any powder into a colour-intense, water-resistant paste that dries quickly and lasts for hours.  Blend with Powder Eye Shadow, Pure Pigment, Eye Brow Cake, or Eye Liner Cake and use across the face and body for endless creative opportunities.  Be bold, be original and stand out from the crowd.

Precision Ink - Create looks with attitude that no one can ignore.  Precision Ink's fine tip allows for defined application.  Long-lasting and waterproof, it's perfect for use anywhere on the face and body to bring out your bold side.  You can even use it as a nail art pen; simply seal with Illamasqua Top Coat.
- Scribe - pure white

Nail Varnish - A spectrum of bold shades with a range of finishes, including matt, rubber, and high gloss.  Award-winning, extremely hardwearing and chip-resistant, there's an Illamasqua Nail Varnish for every shade of humanity.  Apply two coats for intensity and use with Illamasqua Nail Base Coat and Illamasqua Nail Top Coat for the perfect finish.
- Stance - fuchsia violet, gloss finish
- Nomad - bright jade, gloss finish

Is this entire look for me?  Of course not but I still love this collection and it is one of my favorites of the spring season.  Do I think that I will be pulling off the teal lipstick?  No but I can respect anyone who tries to create the look that is on the model.  With this collection, I know see how much this company uses the Sealing Gel to create some of their artistry looks, I have often wondered how some of the varied makeup looks can be created with the products in their collection and I believe that the answer lays in the use of the Sealing Gel product.  I am very curious about this product and I will begin trying to find some reviews and more information on it before I decide to order it or not.

I have wanted the Box shade of Lipstick since I ordered the Maneater shade so I can say that this is my first choice from the collection.  I think that I might put it aside until next fall though since it appears to be a deeper wine shade instead of a true red.  I want both of the palettes from this collection, but if I have to choose only one, the Neutral Palette is my choice.  A palette of neutrals is rare from Illamasqua and I bet that these shades will have great pigment and wear.  The only additional eye shadow shade that I want is Can Can, the bright matte lilac shade.  I am so excited to play with the Can Can shade and see how bright of a lilac eye that I can pull off.  Last but not least, I want to add both shades of the Nail Varnish to my nail polish collection.

I may not be able to pull off every piece of this collection but I do love the looks that have been created with it and I can't wait to order more products from this company!

photo courtesy of Illamasqua

No comments: