Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Shu Uemura Spring 2012 Collection - Celestial Garden Spring Mode

Three springs ago, Shu Uemura had my favorite collection of the entire season and I received some of the eye makeup from a friend who was currently in Japan at that time.  I have not been that obsessed with one of their collections ever since but I am so excited about this spring collection since it is a series of lovely pale hues that are inspired by an ethereal garden.  I have fantasies of pale pinks, lilacs, and seafoam shades to add to my eye and lip collection.  Oh how I wish that this line was still carried in the United States...

"The world above the clouds, surrounded by overflowing positive energy, full of colours and full of light.  The same scenery, the same world can look so different, if seen with all your senses wide open.  Unchain yourself, play with the colours, enjoy make-up, and above all enjoy precious moments that exist in your life."  No comments on the super-flowery collection description, this might be one of the worst collection descriptions that I have heard all spring, it tells us nothing about the collection itself and hides behind unecessary verbage that hinders more than aids in describing the collection products.  When looking at the collection products, it seems that the look revolves around the two brand new eye shadow trios that are introduced this season.

Here is the Celestial Garden collection from Shu Uemura...

Eye Shadow Trio - Precious colors and radiance in the limited edition refillable custom case.  Colors are inspired by the breath of fresh air and the embrace of warm light found in the spring season.  The three eye shadows found in the limited edition case may be replaced to fit on Glow On Blush refill or two Pressed Eye Shadow refills.
- Air - metallic light sky blue with hints of glitter/pearl medium lavender purple/pearl medium cool earth brown
- Light - metallic light grass green with hints of glitter/pearl light yellow canary/pearl medium warm earth brown

Double-End Eye Crayon - Double-End Eye Crayon that can be used as eyeliner or eye shadow.  Two different tones of brown shadess perfectly suit the Eye Shadow Trio.
- Misty Brown-Earthy Brown - medium brown/deep brown

Ultimate Natural Mascara - A mascara that will give you an extremely clean and natural look with a wand that will give you a curl that will last all day long.  This limited edition deep brown shade will give a subtle accent to your lashes.
- Dark Brown - deep natural brown

Rouge Unlimited Supreme - A fusion of breakthrough watery dewy shine and rich color payoff.  Revolutionary film keeping capsule, ultra shine oil and Shu Uemura's signature hybrid pigment create a smooth, thick veil on the lips that glides on easily to deliver unforseen shine and vibrant pure color payoff.
- PK 337 - baby pink (cool undertone)
- PK 340 - soft pink (warm undertone)

Celestial Garden Gloss Unlimited - Tint your lips with fresh and pure colors of spring.  Apply alone to add a natural luster on your lips or use together with Rouge Unlimited to create pure dewy lips.
- Blooming Pink - bright pink
- Corona Orange - bright warm coral

Creamy Dome Blusher - Dome-shaped blusher in a creamy texture which glides smoothly on your face.  You can easily create a natural gradiation by tapping on your cheeks.
- Fairy Pink - cool blue pink
- Sunlight Peach - warm light peach

Based on the model's makeup for this collection, nothing in the collection seems to be very pigmented or ultra-dramatic.  This is a very different look from a company that is know for their dramatic stylings and very pigmented makeup products, I am willing to bet that many of these shades can be built up to be very pigmented and create a whole different look than the model's. 

My favorite piece of the collection is the one that is currently sold out, the Creamy Dome Blusher in the Fairy Pink shade.  This is a very interesting concept and packaging and I would love to get my hands on this product (however much of a challenge that will prove to be).  My second favorite product in the collection is the Eye Shadow Trio in Light, I love that grass green shade.  I will wear that shade all through the spring and summer and the other shades in the trio will complement both it and many other shades that I already own.  I can see myself getting so much usage from this trio, I have to order this one from the website.

The last pieces that I like from the collection are from the lip shades, I love the pinks in both formulas in this collection.  From the Rouge Unlimited Supreme in PK 337, I wonder how light this shade actually is and if it is dupe of the original MAC Viva Glam Gaga.  From the glosses, I like the Blooming Pink shade, this is complement my porcelain skin when I wear it right now and then my bronzed skin later on in the summer.

This collection isn't as amazing as the one that I opened the post by telling you about but this is still a very nice collection.  The piece that I must own the most is the Eye Shadow Trio in the green shade, it is very flattering and on trend for the season.

photo courtesy of Shu Uemura

No comments: