Thursday, March 1, 2012

Clinique Spring 2012 Collection - Almost Spring

Anyone that has been reading this blog knows that I have been loving everything that Clinique has released so far this spring, especially the new shades in the Almost Lipstick collection.  I have been using the shades that I bought for the past few weeks and I fall more in love with the Flirty Honey and Shy Honey shades every single day that I use them.  Clinique has followed up this big release with the official spring collection release, Almost Spring.  I bet that Almost Lipstick plays a huge part in this collection...

The Clinique website provides full details on the collection description and all the products in this collection.  "A spring awakening for the skin - sheer stains of colour for cheeks and lips.  It's a look so fresh and pretty, some just might think it's your natural glow."  Almost Lipstick is one of the major parts of this collection and I have already covered it extensively in the past two months so we will touch on it but I am not going to review my full post on it (you can look it up if you missed it the first time around).  The other major product offered in this collection is a cream stick blush that I have never seen before so I am guessing that it is a new product for this company.  Lips and cheeks are two of my big shopping obsessions this spring so this collection will fit in very nicely with the look that I am going for in the coming months.
The new collection from Clinique...

Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 - Smooth on an instant moisture boost with SPF protection and a hint of skin-perfecting colour.  Refreshingly lightweight formula provides a no-makeup look and feel, yet cover imperfections with a natural, hydrating touch.  Oil-free.  Available in six shades to match a range of skintones.

Naturally Glossy Mascara - Gel-based formula defines lashes naturally.  Lengthens, glosses, enhances.  Lashes stay silky, pliant, clump, and flake-free through multiple coats.  Ophthamologist tested.
- Jet Black - deep black

Blushwear Cream Stick - Convenient touch-on, stay-on, cream-to-powder cheek colour.  Glides over the skin with fingertip control.  Blends easily.  Blush stays see-through while it builds in colour.  Transfer-and-water resistant.  Colour-true.
- Rosy Blush - yellow pink rose
- Black Honey - deep cool berry
- Peachy Blush - energetic burnt orange with gold shimmer
- Glow Blush - golden bronze with gold shimmer
- Shy Blush - pinky violet

Almost Lipstick - Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone.  Sheer, glossy.  Emollient-rich and very lightweight.
- Tender Honey - neutral medium bronze
- Spicy Honey - warm medium beige
- Shy Honey - cool pale pink
- Luscious Honey - bright pink coral
- Lovely Honey - warm medium rose
- Flirty Honey - bright pink
- Chic Honey - deep berry
- Black Honey - deep plum red

I love, love, love the Almost Lipstick formula and the new shades in it that I have been using.  I bought Black Honey years ago and it is best for the fall and winter seasons.  With the release of the new shades, I bought Shy Honey, Flirty Honey, and Chic Honey.  Chic Honey will be used more next fall but I have been using Shy Honey for the past few weeks.  I am saving Flirty Honey for later on this spring and into the summer months since it is a bright pink shade. 

I am dying to try the cream blush in this collection, this looks like a great product for me since I love cream blush formulas.  Rosy Blush and Shy Blush are the two shades that I want to buy since they are the two pink shades in this product, two of the other shades look too warm for me and the verdit is out on the Black Honey shade until I see how dark it looks when applied.  The tinted moisturizer I will try out when my skin is super dry next winter, it might be too much in the spring and summer months, I will put up a full review when I have bought and used it at the appropriate time of the year.  The mascara doesn't look as though it will create full volume lashes so I doubt that I would try this one unless it was included in one of their gift with purchase sets. 

This is very pretty collection and I can see lots of ladies really being able to pull it off.  This collection contains some great shades for a professional environment and for relaxing on the weekends. 

photo courtesy of Clinique

No comments: