Monday, March 26, 2012

Korres Pomegrante Balancing Cream-Gel Moisturizer

Last week, I finished up my huge bottle of Clinique Dramatically Different Face Lotion, a product that I have been using on and off for almost an entire year.  I debated just purchasing another bottle of it since I really liked its performance and the texture of the lotion but I deicded that I wanted to try something totally different this time around.  When I made this decision, Sephora had recently released several new products from the homeopathic Greek skincare line, Korres.  Korres is one of the few skincare lines that I have rarely found a product that disappointed me in how it performed.  I have only used a few pieces from the color line of products however I have tried a variety of products from the skincare line.  The newest product that I decided to order from the Sephora website is the Pomegranate Balancing Gel-Cream Moisturizer, a lighter hydrator that will work well in the warmer weather months. 

This is a light to medium weight hydrator that also provides mattiyfing benefits to the skin.  "A lightweight moisturizer that provides a matte finish and pore-minimizing properties while leaving skin soft, hydrated, and balanced.  This pore-minimizing and mattifying moisturizer delivers immediate and lasting hydration while simultaneously balancing oily to combination complexions.  The unique lightweight cream-gel texture is formulated with a blend of 15% pomegranate water, pomegranate extract, alpine willow herb, and contains tannins and polyphenols.  These ingredients help reduce the appearance of pores and rejuvenate the look of skin while providing a matte finish.  Hyaluronic and salicylic acids combine to offer an immediate moisture boost while conditioning skin for an overall smooth appearance."

The Sephora website provides some of the results that were observed during the clinical trails of this product.
- 88% of subjects saw an improvement in skin texture
- 84% of subjects saw a reduction in surface oil and said skin appeared more matte
- 78% of subjects saw a visible reduction in the appeance of pores
- 75% of subjects saw a noticeable reduction in the appearance of redness

So far, I have been using this product for about a week (only during the day, I have am using the last bit of my Benefit face cream at night), this is too light for me to use at night.  My skin is becoming less dry with the advent of spring, however it still needs that dose of moisture at night and this product does not fully provide that intense moisture dose.  This product works well at balancing my dry areas and helping to control the oil on my T-zone, providing limited mattifying benefits.  The mattifying benefits in this product work well for slightly oily and combination skin but would not control the excess oil of very oily skin.  I would not recommend this product for someone who has very oily skin, it will not mattify well enough to suit them.

This product contains pomegranate to help brighten and clear up my complexion, the redness in my cheek area is reduced but not completely eliminated.  This face cream provides a great canvas for primer and foundation, I have had to use the same amount of face primer but a bit less foundation since I have been using this product.  Of course with the pomegranate in this product, it is considered an anti-oxidant and will help to protect against future aging.

This product does have a definite scent, it is herbal and I find it quite pleasing but it will take away from the product for those who hate strong scents in their skincare.  I can smell the pomegranate extract in this cream but also a herbal note of white tea.  I like the scent of this product but it might be irritating to some, a lighter mix of the scent in this product would be my only suggestion for improvement.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: