Friday, March 2, 2012

Philosophy Spring 2012 Body Product Collection - Single Products

In my last post, we looked at the new sets that came out this season from Philosophy and right now we will look at the brand new single product scents that are being released.  So far, I am only seeing many of these on the Philosophy website and not the Sephora one so I don't quite know when they will be available in all stores.  While browsing on the Philosophy website, I was excited to see that this company brought back their Easter candy set from last year, the Sugar Chick scent was a favorite among my friends that love Peeps and I bet it was a big hit for them. 

This year, Philosophy is going away from the candy fragrances for their spring products and heading more into the floral range.  The season brings an expansion of the Field of Flowers scent, taking the original hit and introducing two more floral fragrances to compliment it.  I had smelled the original lastr year at Sephora and I remember that I liked it but I skipped over it since I didn't need any more body products at that time.  Not that I need any this time around but since spring is just beginning it makes a bit more sense to buy some new floral scents right now instead of the middle of June.  I love that all of these fragrances are offered in both the three-in-one and the matching lotion, I have wanted this company to offer lotions since I first began using their line and I guess that I wasn't the only one!

The first new Field of Flowers scent is a Water Lily fragrance, a type of fragrance that I actually own nothing in at the moment.  "Feel your inner joy unfold as your cleanse with Field of Flowers Water Lily Blossom Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath.  The luxurious formula nutures skin and hair as it rejuvenates your senses.  Bright citrus, clean floral scent."  The matching lotion is spiked with oils and shea butter so it promises to be a great moisturizer as well as smelling fantastic.  "Nuture your body and spirit with Field of Flowers Water Lily Blossom Body Lotion.  The luxurious formula leaves skin feeling hydrated, soft, and delicately scented.  Rich in natural oils, shea butter, and antioxidants.  Bright citrus, clean floral scent."  Waterlilies are very lightly scented so I imagine that this one isn't very strong, which is sounding good for the spring and well into the hot days of the summer.

The second fragrance is a magnolia scent, I still have one half used bottle of the old Bath and Body Works Magnolia Blossom Shower Gel and I am hoarding it but I will have to finish it up this spring or it will begin to get bad.  Perhaps this scent is one that I could use to replace it since no other company has released anything close to this fragrance in the past few years.  This scent is actually called Magnolia Blossom also so I hope that it has some of the same notes in as the one that I originally fell in love with.  "Field of Flowers Magnolia Blossom Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath cleanses and conditions skin and hair, while delicate pretty florals lift your senses.  Rich, foaming lather cleanses and conditions.  Delicate, pretty magnolia scent."  I have such high hopes for this three-in-one and the matching body lotion!  "Field of Flowers Magnolia Blossom Body Lotion nutures skin with its antioxidant-rich, moisturizing formula, leaving skin soft and delicately scented.  Nuturing shea butter and natural oils.  Delicate, pretty magnolia scent."  I need this fragrance to come to Sephora very soon since if it smells anything close to the old Bath and Body Works Magnolia Blossom than I will be buying both pieces of it!

The last of the new fragrances is Wildflower Blossom, a scent that seems to be more of a floral and green type of fragrance than the other blends.  I bet that this is the lightest of the three fragrances since wildflowers have very little fragrance in themselves and often can smell more like a grassy scent than any one floral note.  "Field of Flowers Wildflower Blossom Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath cleanses and conditions skin and hair, infused with a delicate floral scent.  Provides a rich, foaming lather.  Gentle formula for everyday use.  Fresh, delicate wildflower scent."  This fragrance might be a very good one to use in hot weather since it doesn't sound to be very strong (based on the provided fragrance description).  "Wildflower Blossom Body Lotion soothes, softens, and conditions skin with it's antioxidant-rich, moisturizing formula.  Surround yourself with wildflowers.  Moisturizes and soothes skin.  Infused with skin-loving antioxidants.  Fresh, delicate wildflower scent."  This is another scent that needs to come to Sephora very soon, I am hoping that this is more a green fragrance since those are getting harder to find.

I wish that all of these came in the sets too!  I know that I will end up wanting all of them and I just don't need that many body products right now.  If I have to choose, the Magnolia scent would be my first choice to buy, followed by the Wildflower as a close second.  As I said above, Sephora needs to get these in so that I can smell them all and decide how I want to do this!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: