Thursday, July 11, 2013

Bath and Body Works Summer Chill

Now that the Semi Annual Sale is over, Bath and Body Works has created several new lines of products and I have been all about this store for since the beginning of this month.  We have already looked at the True Blue Spa Shower Smoothies and I picked up the rest of the collection scents already.  Now I am moving toward the Summer Chill collection of scents that was released for the Signature Collection and I have even more body products to collect at the moment.

Summer Chill is probably the last limited edition collection that Bath and Body Works will release for the warm weather months, I remember from working there in college that the fall products start getting shipped to stores at the end of July so soon we will all start thinking about pumpkins and cider.  But until then...I need to celebrate every minute of the warm weather and pick up a few last minute summer products!

The Summer Chill collection consists of three new fragrances, each with the typical products that are found in the Signature Collection.  All three fragrances are available in the Fine Fragrance Mist, Shower Gel, and Body Lotion; I am disappointed to see that none of the fragrances are available in the Triple Moisture Body Cream that I prefer to use.

The first fragrance that I tried from this collection is still my favorite of the three and the one that I took home first, White Mango Chill.  Everyone that knows me knows that I love mango scents both in the summer and then all year long and this is one of the best that I have smelled in years.  This fragrance is up with The Body Shop Mango and I wanted these products as soon as I smelled them.  "Chill out with an ice cold cooler of white mango, kiwi sorbet and strawberry frost."  The top notes of this scent are: Fresh Red Raspberry, Blackberry, Strawberry, Tangerine, Water Lily, Blue Freesia, Frozen Melon.  The middle notes are: White Mango, Jasmine, Muguet, Orange Blossom, Solar Floral.  The base notes are: Blue Sugar Cane, Musk, Vanilla Bean, Creamy Sandalwood, Teakwood.  This is my favorite scent and I was so excited to buy it the other day!

The second fragrance is my least favorite of the collection, I thought that I would love the Coconut Water Chill since I love coconut scents but this one did nothing for me.  "Beat the summer heat with the ultimate refresher of coconut water, iced acai berry & watery melon.", the problem with this scent for me is that it smells next to nothing like coconut and I get more of a weak melon and berry mixture.  This scent smelled like nothing on my skin and I wasn't impressed.  The top notes are:  Sparkling Tangerine, Lemon Italy Orpur, Bergamot Italia Orpur, Iced Acai, Frozen Apple.  The heart notes of the fragrance are: Watery Melon Notes, Sheer Muguet, Pineapple Juice, Jasmine Petals.  The bottom notes are: Sheer Coconut Water, Sandalwood, Musk, Touch of Madagascar Vanilla.

The last fragrance is the one that I liked but wouldn't consider buying.  The Citrus Orchid Chill is a slightly citrusy scent with a slight floral note.  "Slight" is the best word to describe this scent, it has very little fragrance.  "Cool off during the white hot days of summer with this exotic blend of iced blue orchid, lemon granita & watery star fruit."  The top notes are: Watery Starfruit, Lemon Granita, Sparkling Tangelo.  The middle notes are: Iced Blue Orchid, Chilled Lotus, Pink Jasmine.  The base notes are: White Amber Crystals, Exotic Teak, Solar Musk.

I was expecting to like at least two of the fragrances, if not all three.  I wanted to like all three of the fragrances but only the White Mango Chill ended up coming home with me.  So far, I have bought the Shower Gel and the Body Lotion and I am considering buying multiples of those products since I love this Mango scent.  The Coconut was too berry for me and the Citrus Orchid scent was too light for me to get much of a fragrance from it.  If you don't like a lot of fragrance in the summer months, then these are the scents for you and will be great for you to wear until Labor Day.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: