Thursday, July 4, 2013

Chanel Fall 2013 Collection - Superstition

One of my favorite makeup companies has released a fall collection that I have been looking forward to ever since the end of the summer collections.  Actually I look forward to the fall Chanel collection right after the spring Chanel collection has been released, fall and spring are two of the best collections for Chanel and are usually among the best collections for those seasons.  Chanel sets the trends for the seasons and releases their collections on the early part of the season and most other collections usually get compared to the standard of excellence that is set by these collections.  It may be the Fourth of July but I am now ready to jump right into fall and start shopping for new makeup, boots, and new jeans (fall staples!).

The new collection from Chanel is called Superstition and calls upon the belief that Coco Chanel had in luck.  I read her biography last fall and now every color name or collection piece has a new meaning for me and that means that I want to collect every product and shade even more than I did before...

"A firm believer in luck, Gabrielle Chanel surrounded herself with her favorite charms and talismans, as much for good fortune as for inspiration.  The symbols that warded off superstitious fears now serve as silent muses for an enchanting Fall makeup collection.  Sumptuous khaki tones are set off by new 'lucky charm' duos: entrancing, shade-matched pairs for cheeks and lips.", states the Chanel website.  I have a feeling that I am going to want a lot of the shades from this collection and that I should find many new shades to really build my fall makeup collection.

Here is the Superstition collection from Chanel!

Blush Crème de Chanel - This innovative formula offers an enticing new way to blush.  Simple to apply with fingertips or a brush, the powder-cream colour features sheer yet vibrant pigments for instant luminosity.  The silky texture offers a longwear satin finish, both soft and comfortable for every skin type.  Mix and match the eight versatile shades, use as primer to enhance the wear of another blush or powder, or pair seamlessly with a complementary lip colour for a mesmerizing match.
- Destiny - golden beige
- Presage - apricot
- Revelation - soft shimmering pink
- Inspiration - soft blue pink
- Affinite - intense blue pink
- Fantastic - burgundy

Rouge Coco Hydrating Lip Colour - A modern interpretation of classic creme lip colour as an homage to the rich life and legacy of 'Coco' Chanel. Lightweight lip colour glides on for easy application, and features a Hydratendre complex to help soften, soothe and condition lips - even boosting their ability to hold in moisture - for a plumper, smoother and healthier-looking appearance. A range of wearable shades with full-coverage finishes, from matte to pearl to soft shimmer.
- Icone - golden beige
- Mystique - apricot

Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine - The next chapter in the brilliant ROUGE COCO SHINE story: ROUGE COCO SHINE Hydrating Colour Lipshine, an innovative formula with intensified pigments to take colour and sheen to a new level of vibrancy. Sheer, shiny, colour-rich shades are effortlessly chic, infinitely wearable. Hydratendre Complex softens and plumps lips for a healthier, fuller appearance.
- Secret - soft shimmering pink
- Instinct - soft blue pink

Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eye Shadow - An instant CHANEL classic, this ultra-fine powder eye shadow is sensuous in feel, foolproof in its application, and fabulous in its range of matte, satin and shimmer finishes. The versatile formula can be applied dry for subtle shading, or dampened for more intense colour -- and the complementary shades can be blended with one another to lighten or deepen tone.
- Gri-gri - metallic taupe
- Hasard - matte lavender

Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow - LES 4 OMBRES debuts an expanded shade wardrobe of vibrant, versatile palettes for elegant eyes. Each easy-to-wear compact offers endless possibilities, with two medium tones to colour and contour, a deep shadow to intensify and a light shade to highlight.
- Mystere - golden khaki/golden ivory/silver taupe/matte khaki

Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner - Waterproof, smudge-proof eyeliner delivers long-lasting definition with a twist of the wrist: Colour winds up when you need it, winds down when you don't. Gentle, soft, silicone-enriched formula delivers smooth, even lining. A built-in sharpener at the opposite end detaches for quick refreshes.
- Khaki Precieux - khaki with bronze tint

Le Volume de Chanel Mascara - This high-precision mascara achieves instant volume and intensely lush colour in a single stroke. Its innovative formula expands, plumping lashes to their fullest. The exclusive new ‘Snowflakes’ brush combines long and short bristles to deliver an extreme, eye-opening effect.
- Khaki Bronze - khaki with bronze tint

Le Vernis Nail Colour - Classic and trend-defining shades in an exclusive formula that strengthens and moisturizes nails as it delivers high-shine colour. Applies evenly without streaking.  All Chanel nail products are formaldehyde-free, toluene-free and DBP-free.
- Elixir - milky pink
- Alchimie - golden khaki
- Mysterious - deep khaki

This collection will be one of my favorites for the season and I am now seeing what many other companies will try to emulate over the next few months.  I will be starting with the Les $ Ombres in the newest shade that was brought out with this collection, these four shades will pair very well together and I can think of many combinations that I could do with using only these four and then many more that I could create when combining it with the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.  This is an eye shadow quad that I will use for many more years to come!  My second choice from this collection is the Le Vernis Alchimie hue, I loved the fall color that I bought last year from this company and I hope that I can use this one as much (and bring last year's out again in two months!).  Those are my two top choices from this collection and the products that I consider the "must haves".  I would be very happy with only these two products but there are still a few more that I would like to own.

Chanel limited edition collections go very quickly and I will start with the two products that I have listed above but then I will go back for a few more in a second round of shopping.  I would like to own both of the new shades of Ombre Essentielle, I have only seen a handful of matte lavender shades before and this one should work well on its own and then paired with silvers and charcoals.  Onto the lip products...I love the Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in Instinct.  This blue pink should be a good neutral for me and will work in many different makeup looks and occasions.  The Blush Crème de Chanel will be a top pick for me this fall season, I want Inspiration and Affinite.  Both pinks will complement my skin tone and will get rotation in my makeup collection this fall and long after.  Lastly...I want both of the other two shades of the Le Vernis Nail Colour.  I can never resist Chanel polishes and always want more!

This is my favorite collection that I have looked at so far and I bet that it will be one of the best collections of the fall.  I will be grabbing items in this collection with my first (and most important) round of fall beauty shopping!

photo courtesy of Chanel

No comments: