Monday, July 22, 2013

Lancome Fall 2013 Collection - L' Absolu Desir

After blogging about the new collection from Butter London last night, I started playing around on some of the other beauty blogs and product websites.  I wasn't planning on going right into another fall collection today, I have just started trying out a new eye shadow primer and have been testing my new Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks and was planning on going more into product reviews today.  But life intervened and I was so impressed with the fall collection from Lancôme that I just couldn't wait to look at the products in details and show all of you the newest selections.  I have stated several times already that Lancôme has really improved their collections and products over the last five years, I used to only use the Juicy Tubes from this line and now look at all different products from it and each collection usually inspires some type of product lust from me.

The fall collection might be one of their best yet, L'Absolu Desir showcases the effortless beauty of the Parisian woman and has Kate Winslet as their model for the collection.  The packaging is limited edition and beautiful and brings out the packaging nut in me without even looking at the products inside.  I predict that I will be going crazy for this collection and a combination of this collection and the earlier one from Chanel will be the basis for my entire fall makeup look.  I really want to use this look find new products for deep red lips and perfect porcelain skin, a look that I can pull off very well as the weather cools down.  Kate Winslet is the face for this collection and I think she is beautiful and this makes me want the collection products even more!

The Lancôme press release states the following to describe the Parisian look that inspired this collection.  "She is elegant, chic, superb and totally effortless… She constantly reinvents her style with joy and individuality. She has that “je-ne-sais-quoi ” chic touch; she casts a spell without even noticing. She has just the right amount of sophistication and is always understated. In a word, she is…Parisian !"

"This season, Lancôme draws inspiration from iconic, effortless made-in-Paris chic ». A unique sense of elegance nestling within a secret: luxury teamed with creativity, bold twists on classics and new arrivals alongside the art of rewriting codes with a touch of wit. Following in Parisian steps, take an inspiring walk with Lancôme from the roses in Parc Monceau to the lights of the Eiffel Tower. The essence of their inimitable style is captured in a sumptuous collection with a fresh take on Paris’ best-known beauty symbol: red lips, skillfully sculpted in vibrant colour, accompanied by the perfect manicure… Effortless…"

Here is the new collection...

L'Absolu Rouge - Wrap your lips in rich, satiny color with this deeply replenishing lipstick. Infused with moisture-boosting Pro-Xylane™, lips stay moist, soft and comfortable for up to 8 hours. Antioxidant-rich Vitamin E helps keep lips safe from environmental aggressors, so they’ll look and feel healthier day after day. The stay true color won’t feather, flake or fade, so your pout will always look picture-perfect.
- 06 Rose-Nu - pink nude
- 47 Rouge Rayonnat - radiant crimson
- 132 Caprice - deep red with a warm orange tint
- 186 Rouge Desir - rich deep red
- 322 Rose Desir - bright magenta
- 386 Prune Desir - deep plum

Blush Rose Desir - Lancôme has created Blush Rose Désir, a precious powder with an all-new design reminiscent of a postcard from Paris, complete with the Eiffel Tour, roses and lipstick kisses…With two light-infused, orange- and pink-toned shades, this blusher for all complexions has been specially crafted to enhance the lipstick and bring out its radiance. Orange, the tinted shade is used to sculpt the cheeks, while the pink-tinted shade can be smoothed on to warm the top of the cheekbones.  The black case of Blush Rose Desir is embossed in gold, matching the L’Absolu Rouge design and part of Lancôme’s charming tribute to Paris this season. For perfect application every time, Blush Rose Désir comes with an exclusive, ultra-precise, double-ended brush. The wide brush is used to sweep blusher over the cheeks, while the smaller brush delivers just the right amount of powder for application round the lips, to illuminate the lipsticks and prevent feathering all day long.

Vernis in Love - Inspired by the new trendy Rouge In Love lip collection, Vernis in Love is a high potency nail lacquer perfectly themed to compliment every woman's mood and style. With ultimate brilliance, intense color, and a mistake-free application, your nails will love the lasting shine and pop of color that stays put for days.
- 185 Purple Fiction - intense plum
- 385 Black Sepia - deep brown
- 485 Gray Lumiere - deep slate gray

This is a smaller than normal collection for Lancôme but all the products in it are stunning and I am excited to start adding a few of these to my traincase.  The Blush Rose Desir is an amazing products but one that I don't know that I would be able to bring myself to use, the blush has the amazing design of the Eiffel Tower embossed in it and I would stare at the product more than I would actually use it.  I can't say that I would ever buy this product because it might be a waste of money for me and I can't justify spending excess money on a product that I would barely use...especially when I need school books for this semester.  I will focus more on the lipsticks and nail polishes in this collection.

I have not yet tried the L' Absolu Rouge lipstick formual yet, I tend to buy more eye makeup and lip glosses from this company and have not yet tried any lipsticks from them.  I will start with the lipsticks in this collection, I love the limited edition packaging and the new shades from this collection.  My first choice would be the 186 Rouge Desir, this deep red will be perfect for my fall makeup look and red lipstick is my favorite way to try new formulas.  Next on my shopping list are the following shades: 06 Rose Nu and 322 Rose Desir.  Now onto the nail polish formula, I haven't tried this formula either, this is a newer formula and I haven't used it yet.  I would like to try the 185 Purple Fiction and the 485 Gray Lumiere shades, both jewel tones will be great for fall.

I will be stopping at the Lancôme counter the next time that I am in Macy*s and I think that I will be starting with red and then the rose nude shades.  I will then work my way to the new nail polishes in this collection and then add even more products from this line to my traincase.

photo courtesy of Lancome

No comments: