Tuesday, July 16, 2013

NARS Fall 2013 Collection

My favorite brand has now brought out their fall collection and I could not be more excited to review and start my shopping list!  NARS already creates beautiful collections and just like Chanel, the fall and spring collections from this company are among the best seasonal collections of the entire year.  I have been collecting NARS products at a rapid rate since earlier last year and this trend shows no sign in stopping anytime in the near future.  I was looking forward to some pigmented hues when I looked at my last fall collection and was sorely let down by Laura Mercier's vain attempt at dramatic nighttime makeup.  Today we are onto the real pigmented products and hues, NARS makes some of the best pigmented shades and I have never been let down by any purchase that I have made from this brand (however my obsession with Orgasm has been rapidly declining over the past few years...).

I already spy a bright red lipstick pencil in the preview pictures of this collection and I love NARS red lipsticks and always want to add the newest shades to my lipstick collection.  I also see two lovely new shades of nail polish that I must have along with a deep lilac eye shadow that might need to come home with me too!

Here is the NARS fall collection!

Shimmer Eye Shadow - Luminous, light-reflecting powders for shading, highlighting and lining eyes. Highly pigmented, long-wearing, crease-resistant colors glide on smoothly and evenly and blend effortlessly. Can be applied sheer or layered for a more dramatic effect.  True color application.  Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for heightened intensity.  Multi-function use for shading, highlighting and lining the eyes.  Sophisticated, luminous shades.
- Bavaria - deep sea blue

Matte Eye Shadow - Highly pigmented, velvety-matte, ultra-fine powders for shading, creating depth and lining eyes. Long-wearing, crease-resistant colors glide on smoothly and evenly and blend effortlessly. Can be applied sheer or layered for a more dramatic effect.  True color application.  Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for heightened intensity.  Multi-function use for shading, lining and brow color.  Rich, vivid shade range, with ultra-matte finish.
- Kamchatka - navy smoke
- Namibia - gray moon
- Yamal - maple sugar

Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner - Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner takes liner to the next level. Rich, creamy color that glides on smoothly with a completely budgeproof finish. Incomparable 12-hour wear with no smearing and no caking. Deeply dramatic shades named for the most iconic streets in the world.  Long-wearing.  Achieves rich, intense color.  Twist up delivery and built-in sharpener.
- Las Ramblas - yellow gold
- Via De' Martelli - chocolate

Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - The application of a lipstick combined with the convenience of a pencil in a jumbo crayon design. Lips are instantly saturated with rich pigments and a velvety matte finish. The long lasting, non-drying formula is enriched with emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, seamless color for hours. Use for lining, all-over lip color, or pairing with another lip product.  Rich, vivid shades.  Enriched with Vitamin E.  Convenient, easy application.
- Mysterious Red - crimson red
- Paimpol - pink chiffon

Pure Matte Lipstick - Bright. Bold. Perfectly matte. This super-rich lipstick provides high-impact payoff: an ultra-pigmented, long-wearing formula that glides on effortlessly with comfortable wear.  Contains wild mango butter, know to provide advanced moisturizing properties to repair dryness and scaling.  Long-wearing application.  Enriched with Vitamin E and açai oil for antioxidant benefits.
- La Paz - orchid
- Peloponnese - ginger pink

Nail Polish - Knockout color. Genius formula. Introducing the new NARS Nail Polish, formulated for nothing less than pure color perfection. Wildly chic, this brilliantly curated palette of extended wear enamels features a flexible, high gloss finish for a freshly-painted look that lasts.
- Galathee - dove gray
- Fury - regal purple

I love this collection even though I am not sure that I could pull off the look that the model is wearing with it, it might be too much for me and would be better for going out in New York City than around where I live.  I will buy key pieces of this collection but will make them work with my "look" of the moment, there are some great shades offered this fall from NARS and they will work well with the shades I already own to make some great new looks for fall.  The first piece that I must have is the Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Mysterious Red and then I also want to pick up the other new shade for more neutral looks.  I want both of the new nail polishes from this collection, I will use them together to create a perfect fall accent manicure.  Rounding out the collection, I love the Matte Eye Shadow in Nambia and the Larger Then Life Eyeliner in the gold hue, Las Ramblas,

I have a bunch of items that I love from this collection and then a few more that I would like to add to my collection.  I like the Yamal shade of the Matte Eye Shadow and could see it working well with my favorite hues from the Urban Decay Naked palettes and I want to pick it up soon.  I could go either way on the Pure Matte Lipstick in La Paz, it is very unique shade that I might either love or hate.

This isn't the strongest NARS fall collection that has been released but it is a very good one and will be one of the best fall collections for this year.  I will be adding a few items to be Most Wanted list right after I finish here.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: