Sunday, July 7, 2013

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Face Lotion +

One of the product releases that I was the most excited about in the past few months is the topic of today's post, a new piece of the Clinique skin care is always an intriguing prospect for me and I usually end up purchasing it in within a few months of the initial release.  This release is one that I have been reading about in every single fashion and beauty magazine for at least a month and I have been waiting for it to finally become available and I ordered it as soon as I could get my hands on it from the Sephora website.  Clinique has revamped the formula and brought out a new version of their best selling and award winning face moisturizer, the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Face Lotion.  I have used this product many times before in its original version and found that it was best for me in the warmer weather months and therefore I am going to try the new version in the same type of weather.

This is one of the few products that makes the Allure Best of Beauty list nearly every single year and then also wins the Reader's Choice Award from this very same magazine.  It is the first product that comes up when Clinique is brought up on the Sephora website and then first product that comes up when one looks for Moisturizers too.  I have met very few ladies who have not tried this product at least once.  I first tried this lotion when a small size came in a Clinique Gift with Purchase several years ago and have turned it to many times since.

The new version has the same name with a "+" added to the title.  This new formula delivers twice the hydration while still remaining a great choice for all skin types.  This lotion is best for me when used as a day lotion in the late spring through early fall, I need a heavier product in the fall and then through the early spring months. 

"A luxurious moisturizer that promotes smooth, healthy-looking skin.  The world has changed since Clinique first debuted Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, and it’s had an impact on our skin. That’s why Clinique created a dramatically different version. This formula features all the same benefits as the original—plus more. Step 3 in Clinique's 3-Step Skin Care System, this moisture "drink" developed by Clinique's dermatologists maintains optimal moisture balance for very dry skin or comfortable to oily skin in the T-zone. With a new complex yet same silky texture and quick penetration, this lightweight formula strengthens skin's own moisture barrier by 54 percent and locks in essential moisture. It delivers twice the hydration all day, leaving skin silky-soft, springy, and absolutely radiant.  This was developed for Skin Types 1 and 2: very dry to dry, dry combination. For oilier skins (Skin Types 3 and 4), try Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel."

This is a day lotion for me, it absorbs quickly and hydrates well without any type of greasy feeling on the skin.  Two pumps of the product is enough for face to hydrate my face without wasting product.  I don't find this lotion to be thick enough to hydrate my skin at night and be the only product that I use for moisturizing, the new additions to the formula do not make is strong enough for it to be my only face lotion.  The texture of this product is exactly the same as the original, I wouldn't have noticed the difference from just pumping the product out and applying it to my face.  I do notice a difference in the formula of the product, it hydrates better and absorbs quicker than the original formula. 

This is a great improvement over the original and I love the new version of the formula, I still will only use it as a day lotion in the warmer weather.  It hydrates better and absorbs faster than the original version but still will not be enough hydration to serve as a night cream (for anyone with dry skin) unless your skin is considered normal to slightly dry.  The same thoughts hold for using this in cold weather, even though this product is made for drier skin types it is not a replacement for an oil or thick face cream when the temperatures drop.  I am very happy with this product and will keep using it for the rest of the summer until the bottle runs out in the fall months.

Great upgrade on a solid product from this company!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: