Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tarte Fall 2013 Collection

Today is the last day of July and tomorrow is the day that I officially start thinking hardcore about fall and all the clothing and beauty products that I will need to add to my collection for the upcoming seasons.  I can't help but get very excited when I think about all the new items that I am going to want to pick up from my favorite collections and how I will make some of the great new fall trends work with my current style and wardrobe/beauty products.  One of my favorite collections this year is Tarte, I started really using a few of their products late last winter and then kept adding more and more items from this line to my collection over the spring and summer months.  I have found their new fall collection on their website this morning and I am so excited to see what this company has decided to bring out for the fall season!

The fall collection from Tarte could be considered a group of new product rather than a full collection, there does not seem to be any type of theme in this collection and the products range from face to lip to body products.  I am surprised to note that the only eye makeup product in this new group of products is a new mascara formula, there is nothing in eye shadows or liners.  I am disappointed to see the lack of eye makeup since their eye shadow palette are among some of my favorite pieces in my train case and I have been using their cream eye liner formula regularly over the past few months.  I am excited to see more lip products from this line as I currently don't own any of their lip products and I am always ready to try new lip gloss formulas.

Here are the new fall products from Tarte!

Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation - Seamlessly brush over imperfections with this waterproof, weightless powder foundation that delivers up to 12 hours of natural-looking, full coverage for a flawless, airbrushed appearance.  Introducing the latest addition to the Amazonian clay foundation line for total complexion perfection! Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation delivers flawless, natural-looking coverage that lasts, while the skintuitive™ formula invigorates skin tone and texture for a youthful complexion. Powered by Amazonian clay enriched with the Earth’s natural, light-reflecting gemstones, this moisture-rich powder buffs on smoothly for waterproof, 12-hour coverage that won’t settle into fine lines and wrinkles. Available in 11 shades to perfectly complement a wide range of skin tones and undertones, this innovative foundation also employs a custom mesh delivery system for a fool-proof, mess-free application every time.

Airbuki Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush - A soft, versatile brush to flawlessly apply your tarte Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation.  Buff your way to airbrushed complexion perfection with the new airbuki bamboo powder foundation brush! The perfect complement to the Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation, this soft, versatile, cruelty-free brush allows you to flawlessly apply powder foundation like a pro. Just gently press the perfectly-sized brush into the custom mesh sifter on the Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation for clean and easy application every time.    

Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15 - Achieve flawless skin that looks healthy and natural with this supremely blendable liquid foundation that delivers up to 12 hours of satin-matte coverage while protecting the skin from powerful UVA/UVB sun rays.  Achieve flawless skin that looks healthy and natural. This supremely blendable, buildable and full coverage formula delivers up to 12 hours of satin-matte coverage with a weightless texture. Reduce the appearance of pores, discolorations and imperfections and ensure a perfectly flawless complexion every time with this best seller.

Amazonian Clay Waterproof 12-Hour Concealer - Cover and conceal any beauty boundary from dark circles to breakouts to redness with this full coverage, waterproof concealer in an easy, twist-up stick for seamless applications and a lightweight, satin-matte finish.  Designed for a brush free application, this creamy concealer glides on smooth and masks any and all imperfections from dark circles and breakouts to blemishes and redness. The buildable, full-coverage, and oil-free formula is rich in pigments for truer color without a heavy or tacky texture, making it ideal for an easy application and satin finish. This formula works for all skin types and is ideal for normal to combination skin.

Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara -
Take your lashes to the extreme with this ultra-black mascara that lengthens, curls and magnifies for an intensified look proven to increase lash volume by 752% instantly!  Take your sultry, flashy lashes to the extreme with this amped up, ultra-black mascara that lengthens, curls and magnifies lashes for an intensified look proven to increase lash volume by 752% instantly! Powered by tarte’s proprietary triple black complex, this longwear, vitamin-infused formula emphasizes length and volume while conditioning lashes for a dramatic look that won’t dry out, flake or budge.  The custom-engineered, dual-molded brush boosts even the skinniest lashes for an exaggerated, voluminous look. First, the shorter, denser side of the brush delivers the optimal amount of mascara to volumize and coat each lash perfectly, then the longer, firmer side of the brush lengthens and separates for maximum volume without clumping.

Glamazon Pure Performance 12-Hour Lipstick - tarte introduces its very first long-wear, clay-infused lipstick. A unique blend of emollient-rich butters (mango, avocado and shea) is encapsulated in this tarte12-hour power™ formula to achieve rich, vivid, and long-wearing color that applies smoothly and won’t fade away.  This high cushion lipstick keeps lips moisturized all day long, minimizes the appearance of fine lines, and stops feathering in its tracks to give lips a perfect, plumped-up appearance, and long-wearing color that applies smoothly and won’t fade away.
- Fierce - bright red cream
- Playful - purple rose cream
- Foxy - deep pink cream

Double Detox Amazonian Clay Exfoliating Facial Mask - A double-duty detoxifying and exfoliating facial mask.  Transform skin with the powerful double detox™ Amazonian clay exfoliating facial mask. Harnessing the balancing and restoring power of Amazonian clay, this double-duty at-home treatment resurfaces, replenishes and purifies skin for a smoother, healthier appearance in as little as 5 weeks.

Maracuja Rainforest Glow Instant Matte Waterproof Body Protector - A bronzing, matte, waterproof body perfector naturally formulated to blur the appearance of skin imperfections for a seamless, flawless finish.  It’s time to blur away the look of dull, uneven skin tone with tarte’s revolutionary instant matte waterproof body perfector! This award-winning formula imparts healthy, natural-looking color, with a no-fuss, no-wait instant bronze-on-demand that helps blur the look of uneven skin tone, imperfections and varicose veins. Infused with maracuja & rich antioxidants, this quick-drying bronzing lotion brightens and restores skin’s natural luster, so even after you wash it off with soap and water, your skin still feels soft and looks radiant. The creamy, whipped formula and included application mitt guarantee an easy, clean and streak-free tan that won’t budge or transfer throughout the day.


This is quite a mixture of products to put into a fall collection, I am excited for the mascara and the lipstick but I was hoping that I would see more color products in this collection.  My first choice from the collection would be the new lipstick formula, I would love to have it in all three shades but my favorite is the red that I have pictured with this entry.  Not that I need yet another red lipstick but I just love them and always want to add more of these to my collection...

The mascara would be my second choice and I will want to pick this up next time that I am running low on mascara, I want to see if the claim of increasing lash size by over 700% is valid (doubtful) and I want to see how I like formulas from this company.  If this formula works well then I will order more mascaras from Tarte.  I would really like to try the liquid foundation from this collection, I can see this one being a great formulation and I have high hopes for finding a full coverage, long lasting foundation to add to my collection.

I can't say that I am very excited about any of the skincare products in this collection and I would have been happier to see more color products included with the collection.  The mask might be too drying for my skin and I will be sticking with the Pure Maracuja Oil from this company.

photo courtesy of Tarte



No comments: