Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Bath and Body Works Luxury Bubble Bath

With the change of their whole Signature Collection packaging line, Bath and Body Works has updated the formula of their bubble bath.  The Signature Collection Bubble Bath was always one of the best formulated products in their store and I am interested to see how the product was updated and improved.  It is now called Luxury Bubble Bath and I was hoping that it might be similar in formula to the Aromatherapy but I found that it wasn't very different from the old formula.  I visited the store last night and picked up a new bubble bath in Pink Chiffon.

I must admit that I was a bit surprised to see that the company decided to update the formula on the Bubble Bath.  Over the past few years, this product has come out less and less with new fragrances and seems to be only available in what are considered the best selling fragrances in the store.  I remember from working there in college that this type of product was always the first to go once the fragrance wasn't selling as well and it was a barometer as to what fragrances were going to be discontinued soon.  I still have memories of the Coconut Lime Verbena bubble bath and I used every last drop of that formula when I was on my last bottle of.  I haven't found a bubble bath that I have loved so much since then...

The new formula of the Luxury Bubble Bath is described as follows, "Rich, creamy foam envelops skin in long-lasting, luxe bubbles. Fortified with nutrient-rich ingredients like protective Vitamin E, Jojoba and Aloe, our ultra-soothing formula leaves skin beautifully scented with irresistible fragrance."  I remember that the old formula had honey in the ingredient list but the addition of Jojoba is new. 

I purchased the product in Pink Chiffon and used it for the first time last night.  I used about two capfuls of the new formula...the exact amount that I would have used from the old formula.  I got a bathtub full of bubble from that amount however this is no different than what I would have gotten from the old formula.  The biggest difference seems to be that the new formula has a stronger fragrance than the older version.  I like this aspect of it but this many appeal to anyone who doesn't love to be fully surrounded by fragrance in the bathtub.  I can't say that this formula NEEDED to be revamped but I do like the new formula.

The new bubble bath only seems to be available in a few fragrances.  I was hoping to see it in Coconut Lime Breeze but my wish wasn't granted.  This product can be purchased in: Japanese Cherry Blossom, Twilight Woods, Warm Vanilla Sugar, Sweet Pea, Moonlight Path, Paris Amour, Beautiful Day, and Pink Chiffon.  I was a bit surprised to see this limited availability since the company just put lots of money and efforts into repackaging this whole collection but maybe this means that the product will be available in more of the new and limited edition fragrances.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: