Monday, October 21, 2013
OPI Holiday 2013 Polish Collection - Mariah Carey
The newest OPI holiday collection is designed around and for Mariah Carey. I am already singing "All I Want For Christmas" as I type this and eating Halloween candy at the exact same time. I can't say that I am pumped about the collaboration with Mariah Carey as that is one of the most overplayed Christmas songs of all time but I do bet I will get some great new shades out of this collection.
"The most-asked-for brand in the industry! With a superior range of shades and the hottest special effects and textures, OPI is the go-to brand for nail fashion. From elegant classics to eye-popping brights, OPI has your color! Formaldehyde-free.", states the Ulta website in describing the polish formula. This is one of the best selling polish formula and one that I converted to later. I like the formula but the color range was always a bit more limiting than many other brands. OPI isn't my favorite polish line but I do find many shades that I like and their nail hardener is my standard at this point.
Here are the Mariah Carey holiday shades...
- All I Want For Christmas - classic red-blue cream
- All Sparkle and Gold - dense gold microglitter
- Baby Please Come Home - bright lilac microglitter
- Cute Little Vixen - deep magenta shimmer
- Emotions - charcoal black microglitter
- I Snow You Love Me - large circular silver glitter suspended in a clear base
- In My Santa Suit - classic red-blue shimmer
- It's Frosty Outside - bright silver microglitter
- Kiss Me At Midnight - pale bright blue microglitter
- Make Him Mine - rose gold microglitter
- My Favorite Ornament - light champagne microglitter
- Silent Stars Go By - cool rose microglitter
- Ski Slope Sweetie - pearly iridescent white with gold shimmer
- Sleigh Ride For Two - deep burgundy shimmer
- Underneath The Mistletoe - classic red-blue glitter
- Visions Of Love - deep burgundy cream
- Warm Me Up - deep charcoal shimmer
- Wonderous Star - large gold glitter suspended in a clear base
This is like any other OPI collection for me, there are always shades that I like but never any that I really fall in love with. There is nothing in this collection that I am dying to buy but there are quite a few that I would like to add to my collection. If I had to pick a favorite, Warm Me Up will be a great charcoal neutral for the cold weather months. Emotions is my second favorite shade, this charcoal glitter will also be great for me.
My other choices are: All Sparkle and Gold, It's Frosty Outside, My Favorite Ornament, Silent Stars Go By, and Visions of Love. I mostly like the shades with the Liquid Sand finish, which is surprising since I hated this finish when it was first introduced. I think I am warming up to this finish when it is combined with neutral glitter shades that I can wear all year long. I might actually be the most excited about the fact that I can wear a few of these shades all throughout the year and a few shades in this collection break with the tradition of reds and greens.
photo courtesy of Google